The July 31/31 Classic p/b Halter's, JORBA, & MTBNJ

ekuhn

(1/31) 1:04
Just got my new and improved 1x setup on the Con Crosso back and a great way to start the 31/31. Dry for 8 minutes and wet for 57 minutes. For some reason my Strava picked it up as an indoor ride, but I was def outside. Garmin shows map, but never transferred over.

IMG_4739.jpeg

Last edited:

Cassinonorth

rick81721

Lothar
7/2

2/20+

1:49

https://www.strava.com/activities/5563660386

Last ride in FL for a few months at least. Wanted to get one more mountain bike ride in but the monsoons started last weekend and haven't stopped. Took out the plush Domane gravel bike instead. Even today there were rare early thunderstorms - in fact I just missed one - it slammed our house while I was going N/S on Manasota Key and wifey called to see if I needed a ride home.

Anywho, amazing number of turtle nests on Manasota Key - I counted 24 (they mark them off with a triangle of orange tape) in a 1/10 mile stretch. Next two days are travel days via the autotrain, next ride will be on the 5th in NJ.

PS looks like we are getting out of Dodge just in time - hurricane Elsa is heading our way and could hit next tuesday.

IMG_20210702_102520_993.jpg

IMG_20210702_110318_917.jpg

Last edited:

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
In all honesty, the best piece of gear I ever invested in for road biking. Makes life that much more pleasant. I popped on this cheap steel singlespeed I’ve been riding and made it the bike for foul weather. What’s funny is I ride it 90% of the time over my much more expensive Specialized.
I will have to think about this. Or just steal my neighbors old Schwinn when it rains

rlb

For wet weather it makes it that much more bearable. And your bike gets trashed less. This time of year it makes less of a difference but in the weather months, big difference.

Still had my rear fender on this morning, I was too lazy to take it off/put the front before riding. It definitely came in handy on the canal path.

Top Bottom