The Indoor Cyclist's support thread

Efficiency for your pedal stroke, less loss of power

the (less than) 5% that care about that part have multiple pairs of shoes.

i'll stick with - so they can walk in them.
I was always the only 1 with dirt on the shoes in spin class.
cleats do terrible things to hardwood floors.

I think SBT is right, the larger cleats are better, and since these are in your house as opposed to the gym you can just leave the shoes at the bike all the time and no real need to walk in them much.
Of course in the gym they would be super inconvenient.

yes, and Look like won a bid for them to push them....I would think Shimano SPD-SL buries Look from a market share perspective.

ok... Peloton users.... I know there's a few here. What pedal/cleat do these contraptions use? Looks like SPD-SL road style. @MrsMadisonDan is asking about getting one. She has shoes w/SPD cleats already.

so as mentioned they use a look cleat (non-keo, i think delta as mentioned above is correct), not compatible with anyone elses cleat.

HOWEVER, the pedals do use standard pedal threads and you can put any pedal you want on it, source: i tried it successfully on my wifes

yes, and Look like won a bid for them to push them....I would think Shimano SPD-SL buries Look from a market share perspective.

I have "Look" cleats on my shoes as that's what the assioma pedals clip to. Got xpedo pedals for the evo for convenience.

I have "Look" cleats on my shoes as that's what the assioma pedals clip to. Got xpedo pedals for the evo for convenience.

peloton uses look other (legacy perhaps) cleat, not the same one as the favero pedals. I was going to put my xpedo pedals on the bike for my wife but this way i have a simple answer to why i wont try it out besides its stupid and i dont want to

peloton uses look other (legacy perhaps) cleat, not the same one as the favero pedals. I was going to put my xpedo pedals on the bike for my wife but this way i have a simple answer to why i wont try it out besides its stupid and i dont want to

You haven't even tried it? On days like this even I would 😃 Fake run day for me

You haven't even tried it? On days like this even I would 😃 Fake run day for me

lol nope, no interest in 'spinning' i have tried classes in the past but its not for me.
i got my exercise wrestling the snowblower around the neighborhood (apparently when you have a snowblower you become everyones best friend when we get some significant snow)

Which app would you recommend for me? FulGaz, Rouvy, Sufferfest or TrainerRoad?

I got my Saris smart trainer installed today and now I need/want an app to use with it. The main use will be to do workouts from TrainingPeaks (so I need to be able to download those directly/easily - no conversions, etc.). Besides that I'm interested in doing the imported structured workouts in a biking route (seeing the road/trail) but not necessarily compete with other people since I want to stick to the workout. I have a Vizio smart TV with the Apple TV app in it.

I read dozens of reviews and I'm inclining for Rouvy or Sufferfest. Any advice?

Thanks!

Rouvy and sufferfest are like comparing apples and oranges, they are vastly different types of apps, just sayin. Also have a look at Bkool and Zwift

Pampa I've been using Zwift. It has the ability to pull your workouts from Trainingpeaks. If you want something without a monthly subscription, you can try PerfPro for a one-time fee.

Rouvy and sufferfest are like comparing apples and oranges, they are vastly different types of apps, just sayin. Also have a look at Bkool and Zwift

Thanks. I looked at Bkool, seems similar to Rouvy but I'd like Rouvy more, I think. I looked at Zwift too but I'm not looking to join races or rides with other people. I know Rouvy and Sufferfest are different, but they can still do the two main things I want to do, so I think is worth the comparison. I was interested in seeing what they would bring extra to the basic things I want to do, which things they'd do better, etc. In any case, I did some more research and decided to join Rouvy.

Than
Pampa I've been using Zwift. It has the ability to pull your workouts from Trainingpeaks. If you want something without a monthly subscription, you can try PerfPro for a one-time fee.
Thank you. I want to give the course videos a try. Specifically, it looks like Rouvy lets you upload a gpx file and then it combines it with Google Earth data to create (sort of?) a video or animation. I'd like to try this with sections of a future race I want to do, to see the effort level. I guess I can change my weight to simulate the weight of the loaded bike but I'm not sure. I'll just give it a try. I have a 45-day trial period with a coupon I got with the trainer.

Yeah you should be able to do that with Rouvy,
Also if it's a popular race the course might already exist on Rouvy, so worth doing a search.
Have fun with the trainer.

So I think I’m ready to pull the trigger on a smart trainer. The Tacx Flux S looks like my #1 choice right now. For $750 it looks to be a great deal for a direct drive trainer.
Anyone use this one and have experience with it?
Can I use it with just a smartphone or do I need a laptop or tablet.

I just need to keep moving over the winter on weeknights and when it’s crappy out on the weekends.

I have a Tacx flow wheel on trainer. I assume the flux uses it the same Tacx utility app for calibration and setup. The utility app is glitchy.

I use a 2 or 3 year old iPad mini to run zwift and control the trainer. The iPad also pulls in heart rate from a garmin watch. It works. I’m sure a phone would work, but would be very difficult to read.

Back
Top Bottom