Glenn Rides After 4 PM CST

Team MTBNJ Halter's
That was insane!
1643245277203.jpg

Zwift power has me in 3rd. Was definitely my hardest effort in a while

Last edited:

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
they’ve been noncommittal either way. From what I’ve listened to anyway.
Yeah I wonder if it's going to go away. They really were pushing the tiered approach.

It's possible TR gets features I'd want above and beyond what they would offer legacy pricing, but it's incredibly hard for me to justify yearly subscription of these services at the current pricing.

Zwift is zero interest to me so I'd rather that garbage software doesn't get dumped on me. Even the updates during Covid (I think the group riding) bloated TR software enough it doesn't run well enough on my old laptop I was using.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Even the updates during Covid (I think the group riding) bloated TR software enough it doesn't run well enough on my old laptop I was using.
I’m always surprised how many people use laptops. I’ve never tried it on windows but it runs perfect on any iOS device I’ve tried.

And regarding the pricing, is there a better product out there for less?

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I’m always surprised how many people use laptops. I’ve never tried it on windows but it runs perfect on any iOS device I’ve tried.

And regarding the pricing, is there a better product out there for less?
No tablets here and the laptop provides a nice screen. Plus ANT+ support works well. And my complaint about bloated software is only a minor complaint, the laptop I was using was a *very* basic laptop.

TR offers a lot, but in the end I think their product has a lot of gaps. Since they don't do anything in regards to swimming/running/rowing/etc it doesn't get accounted for in their TSS and adaptive plans. I am actually surprised they have no changed this as that opens up many people that could be using the platform.

If TR got expensive I'd probably just consider doing Golden Cheetah or something else to control the trainer and cycle through a bunch of workouts. But that's my use case. I also hate monthly payments and when it's warm out and the trainer is gathering dust, that monthly payment is annoying. In the end if I'm putting my account on pause for half the year they may not actually be getting more $$ from me.

I'm sure there's plenty of people on the legacy pricing that go through spells of just not riding the trainer but don't want to lose that pricing. As you mentioned better products for less, I don't know because I haven't looked because of the legacy pricing.

jShort

Team MTBNJ Halter's
No tablets here and the laptop provides a nice screen. Plus ANT+ support works well. And my complaint about bloated software is only a minor complaint, the laptop I was using was a *very* basic laptop.

TR offers a lot, but in the end I think their product has a lot of gaps. Since they don't do anything in regards to swimming/running/rowing/etc it doesn't get accounted for in their TSS and adaptive plans. I am actually surprised they have no changed this as that opens up many people that could be using the platform.

If TR got expensive I'd probably just consider doing Golden Cheetah or something else to control the trainer and cycle through a bunch of workouts. But that's my use case. I also hate monthly payments and when it's warm out and the trainer is gathering dust, that monthly payment is annoying. In the end if I'm putting my account on pause for half the year they may not actually be getting more $$ from me.

I'm sure there's plenty of people on the legacy pricing that go through spells of just not riding the trainer but don't want to lose that pricing. As you mentioned better products for less, I don't know because I haven't looked because of the legacy pricing.
Steve, I like you but your arguments suck. I’m not going to troll so I won’t pick apart every comment you made. You’re welcome. 😀

I’ll only say they never advertise to be the place for running or swimming. See their tagline:

3C60982C-FDBF-4734-B6B7-0C5EC2D27F61.jpeg

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
WILL THIS MAKE ME A BETTER BAKER?

Part of me wants to look at TR again, but I remember feeling so burnt out the last time I used it. Would be interested in checking it out if it was with Zwift for close to the same price... but I doubt that would happen.

jShort

Team MTBNJ Halter's
WILL THIS MAKE ME A BETTER BAKER?

Part of me wants to look at TR again, but I remember feeling so burnt out the last time I used it. Would be interested in checking it out if it was with Zwift for close to the same price... but I doubt that would happen.
Adaptive training is supposed to help prevent burnout. If you answer the question at the end the workout as being hard, they’ll lighten them up for you.

The plans also quietly got easier. They definitely heard the criticism from yo boy dylan.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Steve, I like you but your arguments suck. I’m not going to troll so I won’t pick apart every comment you made. You’re welcome. 😀

I’ll only say they never advertise to be the place for running or swimming. See their tagline:

View attachment 177576
I'm only explaining my use case, not that their business model is wrong. I'm not angry at them if their product doesn't fully align with me.

But I fully stand by my belief they should bring in other workouts from other sports, it completely makes sense since they moved to the new AI approach. It isn't hard to assign a stress value if it's a running, swimming, etc workout if a HRM is used. They manually assigned TSS for outdoor workouts if you didn't have a power meter for awhile.

And running/swimming is something they already push with their triathlon plans but they then don't take into account the actual workouts in their new AI.

Considering they have done triathlons and everyone on the podcast discusses swimming and running training in really surprised that doesn't exist with their AI approach.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
Adaptive training is supposed to help prevent burnout. If you answer the question at the end the workout as being hard, they’ll lighten them up for you.

The plans also quietly got easier. They definitely heard the criticism from yo boy dylan.
All the upgrades and things have certainly made this appealing and I've thought about checking it out, but what gets me is the longer endurance rides inside on TR...

Having the Zwift world to explore versus the lines of TR for 2-3 hours is a rough one for me, even if its only between January-March where I rely on the indoor long slog. Sure I could find a movie or something to watch, but stuck at the power level and not being able to stand and do whatever I want comfortably is tough.

Now that I say it, I guess you could always just turn the smart trainer into that speed mode or whatever and not use any sort of app for longer rides...

jShort

Team MTBNJ Halter's
of TR for 2-3 hours is a rough one for me,
2 hours is my limit. Anything longer I won’t do. Or do outside.
And I’m good with watching races or movies. I’d rather music and TR graphs than this for 2 hours
DC48585D-8CEF-43C7-98C0-1D9D36F8CBFC.jpeg

I’ve tried zwift and it does absolutely nothing for me. I’m in the minority, I get that. But those graphics aren’t enough for me

Top Bottom