The Guitar Player Thread.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
So instead of hijacking @Johnny Utah's Training Thread, let's do a new post for those of us that play, have played, want to play, have a guitar in the closet collecting dust, etc...

Maybe it will inspire someone to pick up an instrument, dust off that 6 or more string, or push those of us that play to practice more.

RobW

I have a Yamaha accoustic... It sits in my living room collecting dust. It probably needs new strings( the comfort strings Bc the bridge is so high off the frets.

Tony G

Nice like satriani or any of them uropean bands like helloween?
Me I an pure bulldozer heavy guy like Black Sabbath.
Most favorite band ever.I noticed a Slayer reference. Was friends with them years ago.
My name is on a album.Blew KK's mind one time when I pulled off a few of his riffs.
All I have now is an acoustic.It's ok but no shreading like your dewin..
I have to admit you are very entertaining on many levels

Rogers

I just started playing back in Sept. It is something I always wanted to do, so at 40 I decided it was time. I have been using www.justinguitar.com to teach myself. I try to practice everyday for at least 1/2hr.

If anyone has any suggestions for a beginner please share. Thanks.

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Nice Licks @jimvreeland! Shits buttah.

I like to play geetar too. Been playin for 25 years. Here's a bunch of various 1 minute clips jamming around the house. Just making shit up on the fly for the most part.

I'm using a loop pedal so if you hear more than one guitar, I'm playing all of them.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Nice like satriani or any of them uropean bands like helloween?
Me I an pure bulldozer heavy guy like Black Sabbath.
Most favorite band ever.I noticed a Slayer reference. Was friends with them years ago.
My name is on a album.Blew KK's mind one time when I pulled off a few of his riffs.
All I have now is an acoustic.It's ok but no shreading like your dewin..
I have to admit you are very entertaining on many levels

Huge Satriani fan!! I used to play his Signature guitars before I switched over to ESP...

222302_1060387151876_9281_n.jpg

Also a HUGE Slayer fan, as if anyone isn't.

MMuller

I just started playing back in Sept. It is something I always wanted to do, so at 40 I decided it was time. I have been using www.justinguitar.com to teach myself. I try to practice everyday for at least 1/2hr.

If anyone has any suggestions for a beginner please share. Thanks.
I do small group lessons here in Neptune. Use portion of hour learning a new bit, then use rest jamming with the new bit. Ages range from 30s to 60s. Really great way to learn and great to hear how all improve in short time.

one of my own tunes, fast fwd 1:00 of me blabbing on and on, from Count Basie.

Last edited:

rick81721

Lothar
Killer thread. My first guitar was a Carvin solid body ~ 1978 that I later modded with a whammy bar and hotter pickups. Still laying around somewhere. A mesa boogie amp of the same time period (still in a closet as well). Have a Martin acoustic ~ 1980. Was in a garage band with my brother and friends in the early 80s, played guitar and keyboards. What I fool with now (and I play so rarely now it's pathetic) is an Ibanez solid body ~ 2011) and an Engl Screamer 50 amp. Also have a Yahama digital piano that I play occasionally. When I retire next year I plan to get back into this.

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have a Yamaha accoustic... It sits in my living room collecting dust. It probably needs new strings( the comfort strings Bc the bridge is so high off the frets.

You can bring down the action (distince from the strings to the fret board) a few ways. Truss-rod adjustment is one way or you can shave down the saddle. Or spend a couple bucks and take it to a luthier or tech and it could possibly be brought back to life. The guitar may also be dried out. Dried out guitar = bad. Guitars are made of wood and will shrink and swell with humidity levels in the air. Dry New Jersey winters will wreak havoc on acoustic guitars if you don't keep them humidified. The dryness warps the neck, raising the action and making it harder to play as well as other issues.

I have an Ovation that I didn't play for 10 years. Took it out of the case last year and it was warped so bad that it was almost completely unplayable. Brought it back by re-humidifying it and gradually adjusting the truss rod. Plays like a charm now.

RobW

You can bring down the action (distince from the strings to the fret board) a few ways. Truss-rod adjustment is one way or you can shave down the saddle. Or spend a couple bucks and take it to a luthier or tech and it could possibly be brought back to life. The guitar may also be dried out. Dried out guitar = bad. Guitars are made of wood and will shrink and swell with humidity levels in the air. Dry New Jersey winters will wreak havoc on acoustic guitars if you don't keep them humidified. The dryness warps the neck, raising the action and making it harder to play as well as other issues.

I have an Ovation that I didn't play for 10 years. Took it out of the case last year and it was warped so bad that it was almost completely unplayable. Brought it back by re-humidifying it and gradually adjusting the truss rod. Plays like a charm now.
This poor thing must be doomed haha

Tony G

Jim,You look like scot Ian in the pic that looks like it was done with the same effect they used on the cover of Paranoid.
You an satriani go to the same barber.?
Awesome playin..
Them leads with the toggle switch up all sound like they are bubble captions to me.
You play any Diambag Darryl stuff or Mustane.

Mountain Bike Mike

Nice Licks @jimvreeland! Shits buttah.

I like to play geetar too. Been playin for 25 years. Here's a bunch of various 1 minute clips jamming around the house. Just making shit up on the fly for the most part.

I'm using a loop pedal so if you hear more than one guitar, I'm playing all of them.

You're correct - my bar would look good on your deck.

Oh - Love the sound! Keep em coming.

Top Bottom