The Guitar Player Thread.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I spent a few days dialing in the tone from the New Reign album. Just for this song, but it's worth it. Abasi Archtype has Lee's Presents from Angel or Alien but I didn't buy that one so my Demo ran out.

DovSS

I am a bass player. I have been jamming with a strong drummer who also rides. We are located near Chimney Rock. If any one is interested in jamming (rock, funk, blues) reach out to me. We could use a guitarist to accompany us. Thanks.

Steve Vai

I am a bass player. I have been jamming with a strong drummer who also rides. We are located near Chimney Rock. If any one is interested in jamming (rock, funk, blues) reach out to me. We could use a guitarist to accompany us. Thanks.

Do you guys do any Deathcore?

FastFreddy

I have the video version down already.

Been doing a lot of Googling and I think I'm going to pick up the Focusrite 2i2 or maybe the Scarlet Solo Interface. Other option is maybe the Solid State Logic SSL2+ but that one cost a few more bucks.

And for a second I though that was Joe Satriani singing in that video LOL

external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

Steve Vai

Will produced this ATB Album so there's a Preset for it in STL. I am much excite!! Also here's the TAB for this riff.

||:00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000:||

Captain Brainstorm

What are some examples of bands you like to listen to/play within those genres?

Steve Vai

Being I've never posted anything from any of the bands I've played in through the years, here's this one. This is from my time in Halo-Gen(eration). We recorded this album in '07 if I remember correctly. We did a 9 song album on our own and then a 3 song EP through Capitol Records before the band disbanded because the singer quit. The singer and drummer owned a recording studio that we rehearsed in every week so the sound even during our practices was tight. They both are sound guys now which gets me in good spots during shows.

Steve Vai

Spent the evening at the Guitar Store buying a new Classical for the child. While he spent many hours in the little acoustic room, I played everything they had because I was the only person there 🤣

20211216_201546.jpg

Anywhoo. Of everything in there this $800 Player Strat was phenomenal. And I hate Strats so I'm as surprised as you are. It's a lot brighter than the DK24 and definitely what I'm looking for in a 5th or 6th guitar 🤣

Steve Vai

This is what the child purchased. It's a bit thinner than his old one. Action is sweet. Has Fishman electronics. I gave him a $1,000 budget, which he really wanted to max out but kept coming back to this used one for $500. Winner winner. More dollars in the Yngwie Strat fund.

20211217_080522.jpg

Andypowerful

Spent the evening at the Guitar Store buying a new Classical for the child. While he spent many hours in the little acoustic room, I played everything they had because I was the only person there 🤣

View attachment 173303

Anywhoo. Of everything in there this $800 Player Strat was phenomenal. And I hate Strats so I'm as surprised as you are. It's a lot brighter than the DK24 and definitely what I'm looking for in a 5th or 6th guitar 🤣
Were you at East Brunswick GC? I was there last night killing time before my company Christmas party.

Andypowerful

I love Strats. Most comfortable guitar for me. Thats why I liked the Charvel DK with the Strat input jack and little fatter sound. Strats can shred also. Just ask Yngwie.

Top Bottom