The Guitar Player Thread.

Also, I'm torn between buying a Player Strat and dumping a YJM pickgaurd into it which will be about $1,200 or just bitinh the bullet for USA Built YJM Sig for 1700ish.

All depends if you want/like/can stand a scalloped fretboard

I've never seent one, never knew anyone that seent one, so no idea if it's cool or not. I'm currently texting a dude on Reverb that might let one go cheap enough for it to be worth the experiment. Could also throw a Mighty Mite neck on it if it sucks.

Talked to a guy for about 45 minutes and ended up making a sweet deal on a '17YJM Strat. 1 owner, all original paperwork, original case candy, even still has the plastic on it. Won't see it for a few weeks because we wanted to wait until after the Holidays to ship in order to avoid any Holiday Rush mishaps.

IMG_0566.jpg

IMG_0569.jpg

IMG_0577.jpg

Talked to a guy for about 45 minutes and ended up making a sweet deal on a '17YJM Strat. 1 owner, all original paperwork, original case candy, even still has the plastic on it. Won't see it for a few weeks because we wanted to wait until after the Holidays to ship in order to avoid any Holiday Rush mishaps.

View attachment 173372

View attachment 173373

View attachment 173374
I have never played scallops… but I feel like you have the vibrato to make it work. You gotta float the note right? So you need to actually hear the pitch?

From what I've seen is the note still frets the same but you're not making contact with the fretboard at all. We'll find out.

Bonus for the tweed case. I’ve always had a weird thing for cases since I first got my Les Paul and the inside was all furry.

I have an original purple fuzzy Ibanez Universe case too. None of my guitars fit in it but it's so cool I can't get rid of it.

hey all,

i've got a 2010 Gibson Les Paul Studio (Ebony) sitting in my home office collecting dust. it's in Excellent shape, but i simply never play it anymore - sticking mostly to my acoustic and uke

anyone on this board interested? i would much rather sell it here rather than on Facebook Marketplace. either that, or I would love some advice on the best way to sell a used guitar. there's a shop on Amboy ave in Edison that buys guitars, not sure if anyone has any experience with those guys, or a Guitar Center type place?

xs9VlW7KSvCRcpqX9xwMqA.jpghGM2ZZ0vQyy6XKGyJydykQ.jpg

this site - reverb.com (not sure if that's reliable?) says it's worth up to ~$1300

Thanks in advance!

Screen Shot 2021-12-18 at 5.25.01 PM.png

hey all,

i've got a 2010 Gibson Les Paul Studio (Ebony) sitting in my home office collecting dust. it's in Excellent shape, but i simply never play it anymore - sticking mostly to my acoustic and uke

anyone on this board interested? i would much rather sell it here rather than on Facebook Marketplace. either that, or I would love some advice on the best way to sell a used guitar. there's a shop on Amboy ave in Edison that buys guitars, not sure if anyone has any experience with those guys, or a Guitar Center type place?

View attachment 173459View attachment 173460

this site - reverb.com (not sure if that's reliable?) says it's worth up to ~$1300

Thanks in advance!

View attachment 173457
I own this identical guitar but several years earlier. It’s the only guitar I would never consider selling.

hey all,

View attachment 173459View attachment 173460

Thanks in advance!

View attachment 173457
$900 to $1000 is a fair price point in today's market

Back
Top Bottom