The Guitar Player Thread.

EJphotos

You can't beat them for the price they are. And they are heaps and bounds better than the modeling amps of yesteryear. You can also cut the power output down to half a watt and play at super low levels without sacrificing the tonez. I swear I don't work for Boss #notsponsored

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I tried every amp out there when I bought my Katana. It's just super versatile. And you can dump your whole pedalboard.

Steve Vai

Playing with the Andy James STL pack this morning. It has presets from his live shows in it too. It's dope but now I need good monitor speakers. Any suggestions?

Screen Shot 2021-11-24 at 8.16.38 AM.png

FastFreddy

Is latency still a thing with all that plug in stuff? I tried Amplitube I think a long time ago and the latency was unbearable, pick a note hear it quarter of a second later. I was just using a cheap 1/4" to USB cable interface so that was probably a huge part of the problem. Other problem is I'm on PC and most of this stuff seems to be made for Mac's any recommendations for a PC low/no latency audio interface?

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Is latency still a thing with all that plug in stuff? I tried Amplitube I think a long time ago and the latency was unbearable, pick a note hear it quarter of a second later. I was just using a cheap 1/4" to USB cable interface so that was probably a huge part of the problem. Other problem is I'm on PC and most of this stuff seems to be made for Mac's any recommendations for a PC low/no latency audio interface?
The focusrite Scarlett in @jimvreeland’s pic is great. We use them at work with PC’s all the time. Computer processors and connectivity have also come a long way. Original USB wasn’t fast enough.

Steve Vai

I'll record something when I get it right but there's no latency at all with a MacBook Pro and the Focusrite. I went off Neural's suggestions and watched a bunch of their setup videos on YouTube. I have the buffer and sample rate at the highest level and the CPU doesn't even hiccup a little. This is an old 2013 MacBook Pro too.

20211124_195503.jpg

Steve Vai

Quickie just to show the lack of latency. Straight phone recording but you get the idea.

This is STL Tonelabs with the Andy James Artist Pack. Same Presets as the Andy James Tonality but you can put multi packs into Tonelabs and Tonality is a one and done Standalone.

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Quickie just to show the lack of latency. Straight phone recording but you get the idea.

This is STL Tonelabs with the Andy James Artist Pack. Same Presets as the Andy James Tonality but you can put multi packs into Tonelabs and Tonality is a one and done Standalone.

We need chuggs

Steve Vai

OK. I bought some Legator budget Black Friday Deal Mackies from GC after my ride today. My younger son stole my iMac already so here's what we have now. I hooked it up for the guitar output to come through the speakers and Katana or swap to one or the other. I have it set for the MacBook to play through channel 1 on the Amp and the other 3 are Katana Presets until I can get a Midi Controller. Then I can dump the JP Wah and Whammy. I also don't need the tuner because the plug in has one on the screen all the time. My wife is watching some BS documentary so when she's done we get to jubb jubb meedley mee.

20211126_182901.jpg

Steve Vai

Bros. Will Putney Tonality makes the Gojira one sound like a Jonas Brothers Concert. It's absolutely ungodly.

Screen Shot 2021-11-27 at 3.38.43 PM.png

Top Bottom