The Good Deals Thread

Wow, that's a great deal, is that bike any good? I have my eye on a Rocky Mountain but if I can save $700 I wont complain.

Wow, that's a great deal, is that bike any good? I have my eye on a Rocky Mountain but if I can save $700 I wont complain.
The components look pretty good for the price. Its got Rockshox front/rear, Tranzx dropper, 4 piston brakes, etc. Drivertrain could've been better but its not bad either. Wish I could get this. :)

1700166823877.png

Drivetrain is Deore 12 speed and brakes are the MT420 brakes. All good stuff.

FSA crank that's probably heavy, but who cares, it'll spin around and around.

Right, that Instinct looks great, the one at the Loose Wheel is unfortunately (for me) a Large and I'd need a Medium.

Right, that Instinct looks great, the one at the Loose Wheel is unfortunately (for me) a Large and I'd need a Medium.
We also have a Rocky Altitude A30 Medium for about $2400 on sale. It is a little more travel 170/160 but it comes RockShox Zeb and Deluxe suspension.

We also have the Marin Rift Zone 29 XR in Medium for about $2500 on sale now. Comes with XT and Fox/Marzocchi.

We also have the Marin Rift Zone 29 XR in Medium for about $2500 on sale now. Comes with XT and Fox/Marzocchi.
How do Marins ride compared to Rocky Mts? Seems their suspension is a bit dated

How do Marins ride compared to Rocky Mts? Seems their suspension is a bit dated
I personally don't have much riding experience on the Marin. I got my wife the Rift Zone 2. I rode that for a bit but it is small for me. The suspension feels plush. Not sure how it affects climbing. She's only ridden it once!

Back
Top Bottom