The First (possibly annual) MTBNJam - 2022

Yeah, today was no joke. Really surprised at how much we were able to clear based on reports of logging on the camp. Complete solid effort all around on the trails...come hang out and ride with us in June, trails are a blast, and we even built some new trail!!!

Props to the guy that was actually using chaps (though holy freaking short), hearing pro, and safety glasses, even with a battery powered saw.

More details of the day are coming along. In the next few weeks, expect the event to get more and more fleshed out.

Register here:

Registration: Bagels & Coffee sponsored by Tenafly Bicycle Workshop

The day will start at 8:00 with user registration. The team will be there before this, of course. So if you arrive a few minutes early we can get things going when people get there. The first hour of the day is dedicated to getting to know each other, as well as enjoying some free bagels and coffee, courtesy of Tenafly Bicycle Workshop. Due to supply chain issues, Tenafly is not able to supply the normal fleet of demo bikes for the event. Instead, Shepherd has offered to make us all a little less hungry and a little more amped for the morning.

This is also a chance to get to know each other, and what else is on tap for the day. While we know not everyone will get there by 8:00, we encourage people to show up to get to know some of your mountain biking peers. Feel free to do so with a bagel and cup of coffee.

View attachment 183742
@MurderBort get your cycling friends to sign up and show up!

Are there going to be demo's there? I have a friend that used to race years ago, dosne't have a MTB anymore and hasn't ridden in a while bit wants to get back into.

So after further review the 15 year old is now asking if anyone else close his age will be there? Guess he had time to think about the cool factor of being the old kid there with his dad and 20-30 other sweaty riders. 🤪

I think I can keep him interested If we have some folks to guide us around the beginner loop a few times. He’s got limited experience but plenty of 15 year old confidence.
@iman29 - Just registered a 16 year old to come with me - so at least there will be two young'uns!

@iman29 - Just registered a 16 year old to come with me - so at least there will be two young'uns!
Yeah Zach is all in he said even if he’s stuck with the old man all day on the beginner trails.

Be easy to spot you guys then let’s try to meet there IRL and ride !

Is it his mother? It's his mother, isn't it?

giphy (30).gif

We did a whole lot of cleaning on the enduro run....Any of you who did our XC race at mooch might remember the long down hill at the end of the course...It will be the same. Should be about 5min long or so. Its fast and fun, rocky, but not overly technical.

Back
Top Bottom