The end of an era - we need your vote

Should the "Like" button on this site be eliminated

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We should change the word "like" to "fuck the police".

Rick just wants the dislike button so he can repeatedly dislike anything based in NJ.

I think the lack of banter is due to the fact that nobody has an attention span anymore. Stop blaming the like button and start contributing.

norm going all nwa!

i just deleted a bunch of crap - the summation being that the non-racer (meaning never raced) doesn't know how much fun it is to line up
in sport, or cat 3, and find 'the race inside the race' - maybe they will be up front, and sprinting for a podium spot, or maybe they will be
trying to hold off, or pass someone they have been exchanging places with the whole race. Or even trying not to come in DFL, not that this is
the end of the world, because at the end of the day, you put yourself out there.

Perhaps a "first year racer/i'mma gunna tri it" class - which has no season incentive, in addition to cat 3 or sport would make it more attractive?

were we talking about participating in races, or creating content?
i forgot AADHD

i know you're not directing this directly at me, but it got me thinking, so i'll post it.

i read the blogs and i think i can speak for the silent majority... there's lots of race content, which is generally a good read if you're into that sorta thing. i like the write ups for the most part... but i can't add shit to the conversation, unless its about accounting, or being tall. there are a lot more experts on 99% of the content on here, so i stay silent. and i have a shit ton of posts so god knows my posts must be more worthless than i think they are. it think my most "liked" post was in norm's 'steal this thread' run. and that had to do with feeling shitty about not riding as much, and not being able to ride like the peeps who provide 99% of the content here. which is the antithesis of the most popular content...

i remember norm saying the site was initially going to be a strictly race-based site. i'm glad it didn't come out that way, because the site is definitely the majority of the glue for the "scene"... whatever that scene may be now. but for adding content (or lack thereof) i don't think we can blame the like button. i would say the amount of riding that the most prolific content providers do is a lot more fringe than the majority would say it is, even for the fringe that hangs on this site... anyway, its not gonna be easy to jump in and add to the conversation other than "wow! great job riding across russia in four hours!" or just clicking *like*.

i'd add my own stuff, but who wants to hear about a dude who rides 2x a week at most, at a snails pace, then stops riding for 6 weeks at a time for whatever reason... it's more interesting to read about someone who almost came in first, or did, and then rode to florida and didn't get their face eaten off, but its much harder to relate to that.

i could go on and share my thoughts on why i think the racing numbers are down, but that's a whole other story that i'm sure no one cares about... since i don't go to races, i feel i don't have a place to say why i think the numbers are down (on the site that is), but at the same time, maybe people who want more people at the races should ask - why aren't they here? the 'they' being the pack fodder, like myself.

i think the racer thing is easier to follow because its setting a goal, working towards goal, meeting goal. both Jimmy and Luke don't race and they provide tons of content, even if it isn't words. maybe in terms of w/kg and heart rate zones someome may thin they are not as interesting, but im sure you could inspire someone or at least spark the interest of someone who is lurking and just reading. maybe you both like smoking meat?

We should change the word "like" to "fuck the police".

Rick just wants the dislike button so he can repeatedly dislike anything based in NJ.

I think the lack of banter is due to the fact that nobody has an attention span anymore. Stop blaming the like button and start contributing.

I would like this but I'm following @JU's lead. And for the record nj's not that bad. You guys take me too seriously some times - I'll probably never be out of here full time. But winters here really blow so no way I'm hanging for that

i could go on and share my thoughts on why i think the racing numbers are down, but that's a whole other story that i'm sure no one cares about... since i don't go to races, i feel i don't have a place to say why i think the numbers are down (on the site that is), but at the same time, maybe people who want more people at the races should ask - why aren't they here? the 'they' being the pack fodder, like myself.

I keep telling myself I'm going to try a race one of these days. Maybe once I get my weight into the 140s... or after that second nugget nectar

i think the racer thing is easier to follow because its setting a goal, working towards goal, meeting goal. both Jimmy and Luke don't race and they provide tons of content, even if it isn't words. maybe in terms of w/kg and heart rate zones someome may thin they are not as interesting, but im sure you could inspire someone or at least spark the interest of someone who is lurking and just reading. maybe you both like smoking meat?
Pearl has the same line of thinking I was just about to type. I don' think it's a matter of non-racers vs. racers but more about getting others involved in something you love. I'm a noob in every sense of the word but I love reading about the races because although I've never cycled competitively, I'm on my 5th year of obstacle course racing (I realize you guys hate running) and I know the thrill of waiting in line, being in competition with yourself alone on a mountain when the cramps have set in and your biggest enemy is your brain. Reading a re-cap from a race with added Go-Pro footage has my hands sweaty; watching you guys whip through single track while passing people like you're on an open road makes me want to get out there and keep practicing, no matter how many times I can't get over a log or how many trees I run into, just in the hopes I can one day post my own footage. Disabling the like button will allow others to comment on the race re-caps, add their own stories to the mix, hopefully inspire the noob lurking in the recent forum posts with nothing to contribute.

I would like this but I'm following @JU's lead. And for the record nj's not that bad. You guys take me too seriously some times - I'll probably never be out of here full time. But winters here really blow so no way I'm hanging for that
Thanks for the post.

I blame FB, IG,smart phones,millenials, we have dumb down communication.

We need options more then just like. Jimmy can we have an assortment of buttons to convey a greater array of emotions? eat me, sad, I know you are but what am I, Liar Liar pants on fire, Ballz Deep, wood do, yes please, Word, get the fuck out...

back on the old software everyone would always write something, now theres like 4 people providing all the content, not including myself
Bring back Tap a talk!

this whole place just going to be 01101010010101010101011000101010110110111101101010101010101010 soon

How about we keep it, and when someone clicks, it auto generates a post from said member "I like your post!".... boom, now we can also pad out post counts

You know what sucks about the like button it made the garbage heap and time outs a thing of the past.
Site did become sanitized from the like button and what the hell I didn't make the top six in likes FU all!

Back
Top Bottom