The DIY thread - DIYourself

American Standard 5.0gpf from 1963. Can’t clog it or kill it. Even my kids, who stop up the nice new Kohler POS a few x per week.
If @jmanic has a two piece, maybe he can rig up a 10 gallon tank and do something like this.

High Tank Toilets, Pull Chain Toilets | Signature Hardware

Is it a Kohler? They are a lot of headaches. Next time around I am going with Toto:
Not the cheapest or most stylish, but from what I hear they are bullet and crap proof.
@Patrick do you have experience with them?

Nope-
it's a 1930's American Standard Ejecto (not kidding)

Not my pic, but looks like this:
index.php

Tank mounted flush to the wall, need to stash the gun under the sink.

I'm looking at a house in Brick which needs to be lifted per FEMA. Did some googling and most sites estimate 50-100k. When I call some places the 'honest' estimates are 125-200k for a 2500 sqft home. I know the demands are high in NJ but even with FEMA dollars of 30k, 150k seems outrageous. Any other options than lifting a home without a basement?

I'm looking at a house in Brick which needs to be lifted per FEMA. Did some googling and most sites estimate 50-100k. When I call some places the 'honest' estimates are 125-200k for a 2500 sqft home. I know the demands are high in NJ but even with FEMA dollars of 30k, 150k seems outrageous. Any other options than lifting a home without a basement?
How are the water and waste lines handled when a house is raised? Enclosed and heated with electrical wrap to prevent freezing?

Just pull it off your offering price and splain why. Done. Too much hassle to take on, personally.

Just pull it off your offering price and splain why. Done. Too much hassle to take on, personally.
I thought you couldn't buy those houses unless they get raised, basically, mortgage companies and insurers won't touch it. You would have to buy cash outright. I don't know how true that is, but was told this by someone else looking.

I am too broke to look

My kids, I don't think many under 25 can sit and watch a movie without CGI. Unless it's a TikTok marathon...
You'd be surprised. My son is a Film minor so he watches everything. He then makes his friends watch anything that was good, even if they all might be drunk by the end of the movie.

GE dishwasher not draining and now doesn’t start. Any pointer? I know nothing about dishwashers other than they occasionally wash dishes, if they work. Fire and new bike are not viable ATM. Thanks for any idea you may have on the subject.

Back
Top Bottom