The breakfast of Champs

S

Stan LeCupp

I like to eat oatmeal the morning of a ride.Seems to sit well in my stomach.I use the instant stuff though.Why is the other stuff better than instant?

RyGanley

I find the instant stuff dose not hold the water as well and has more then double the chemicals and sugar the 1 min stuff has.

S

Stan LeCupp

Not sure if I could eat it without the sugar.I usaully boil water then add it the the oatmeal it seems to taste better the microwave method.Very conveinent but maybe not the best.Maybe I'll give the real stuff a try.

Last edited by a moderator:

anrothar

entirely thrilled
you can get instant that is just oats, but i agree that the stuff that takes longer is probably better. Alex, just add honey or (real) maple syrup. two of the purest/healthiest forms of sugar you can have.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
milk slows you down... i don't know the science behind it, probably because it's difficult to digest(cows have how many stomachs?), but i used to know alot of racers who consumed no dairy the week before a race. try it for three full days before a ride. you'll feel lighter and faster. goats milk is apparently easier on you, so that might be an option if dropping dairy is out of the question.

S

Stan LeCupp

Dan I haven't had redibrek since I was a kid.I started with wheatabix lately with warm milk and sugar .

No milk for me before riding.Milk guarantees a mid ride puke session.

SpartaBard

Redibrek? wheatabix? Are those some weird British breakfast foods? :p We've got good old Quaker Oatmeal here.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Sparta Brad said:
Redibrek? wheatabix? Are those some weird British breakfast foods? :p We've got good old Quaker Oatmeal here.

Wheetabix rocks! Love that stuff. I prefer the long-cooking oatmeal when I'm patient enough to wait for it to cook.

Shaggz

A strong 7
we've switched to irish oatmeal - i can't remember the name, but it's pretty darn tasty, especially jazzed up with some ginger & honey

anrothar

entirely thrilled
mccann's irish oatmeal is the best for the slow cook kind. bar none. it's also the best for oatmeal cookies.

D

DANSPANK

You boys haven't lived. I've got some redibreak in the cupboard right now. I can hear it singing to the milk in the fridge. I'm just waiting for the first morning below 40 degrees to break that puppy out!

Got to the english shop on Bloomfield in Montclair. It's just opposite the bike shop there. And when you've tried that I may introduce you to yorkie bars and marmite!

RyGanley

DANSPANK said:
You boys haven't lived. I've got some redibreak in the cupboard right now. I can hear it singing to the milk in the fridge. I'm just waiting for the first morning below 40 degrees to break that puppy out!

Got to the english shop on Bloomfield in Montclair. It's just opposite the bike shop there. And when you've tried that I may introduce you to yorkie bars and marmite!

Were near Montclair do you ride.. I have been scouting out the Eagle and find it get's work.. Plus it ain't to shabby for after work ride... I am awar of the problems out there but not attention just yet.

D

DANSPANK

Hey,

I haven't riddern around Montclair at all because of the bike ban in that county. I've seen a few people ride Mills Reservation but that seems to small to get anything out of it - I'd love to know some other local trails as the nearest to me is Tourne I think.

Ryan, check your email from your website. I sent you a possible business project - cheers.

Top Bottom