The big flip…

Johnny Utah

So, obviously, the consensus here is that Rich Whiteman prevails in the future. Has anyone given thought to the big flip concept? This would involve bonds increasing in price, the dollar increasing in price, and all things growth decreasing in price. Basically the last 40 years reverting. How amazing would it be if all equities decreased in value by 50 through 90%? This would enable current generations to buy into the future. Yeah, it would suck for rich old white man but who the F cares. They obviously have enough money. If I go off of previous threads that I have made on this forum, they are so well off with things going up forever and obviously a little pullback wouldn’t hurt them.
E791FAE6-6411-4E4D-8EE9-6C84D418B01D.jpeg

serviceguy

Did I have better opportunities than black kids in the same exact situation that I was in as a kid? Yes, absolutely.
Did white people burn down black wall street to kill their chances at creating generational wealth? Yes, they did.
Did a black couple get low ball appraisals on their house that doubled when they had their white friends stand in for an appraisal by the same person? Yes, they did.
Just because there are rich black people and poor white people does not change the fact that the system was built to propel white folks.
Here's a good book , and it's on sale.

Amazon product

Sure, the important is to carefully select only the examples that support your statement. Both sides do it, will never get anywhere.

Please point out any piece of legislation, national or local, that specifically discriminate a punitive action based on the color of the skin of the executor of the crime.

Since you're hunting for the rainbow unicorn then, also list any piece of legislation that grants specific privileges to old white people...let's just do white people and make it a little easier for you.

Is this going to be the shortest lived thread in MTBNJ.com history?

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
Sure, the important is to carefully select only the examples that support your statement. Both sides do it, will never get anywhere.

Please point out any piece of legislation, national or local, that specifically discriminate a punitive action based on the color of the skin of the executor of the crime.

Since you're hunting for the rainbow unicorn then, also list any piece of legislation that grants specific privileges to old white people...let's just do white people and make it a little easier for you.

Are you saying Redlining never happened? It's just coincidence that 75% of white people own homes vs. 45% of blacks?

JPark

The only current legislation that I can think of that discriminates based on skin color is AFFIRMATIVE ACTION, which is biased against white people (and Asians).

serviceguy

Are you saying Redlining never happened? It's just coincidence that 75% of white people own homes vs. 45% of blacks?
Sorry but I have no idea what is redlining. Need to google it and will get back to you.

I will admit that by the sound of it and by the way you ask the question my implicit bias triggered the bullshit alert, but I snoozed it and will check on that.

Ok, I quick check revealed that it is a way of discriminating the granting of a loan based on the area of residence of the applicant. I would tend to think that my original assessment was right then... a) it's not a law, as the government doesn't lend money to people to buy houses (I may have to backpedal on that) b) correct me if I am wrong, but if a bank or any institution were proved to apply such discriminating criteria it would be persecuted by law.

Last edited:

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
if a bank or any institution were proved to apply such discriminating criteria it would be persecuted by law.
Lol. As a white Jew (who obviously owns all the banks) I'd say if you look at history, if you discriminate based on race to keep the status quo, not happening. Ever.

serviceguy

Lol. As a white Jew (who obviously owns all the banks) I'd say if you look at history, if you discriminate based on race to keep the status quo, not happening. Ever.

I'm not sure I understand you statement.

What I am trying to say, and I am aware of my linguistic limitations, is that you cannot correct the already unlawful behavior of a group of individual trying to undermine a group that they seem to favor. In other words, if A bank is not granting loans to applicants wearing a red jacket, is it right to make a law forcing ALL banks not to grant loans to people wearing a blue or green jacket? What about the red and orange jacket wearing folks then? If that is even relevant to this thread...

This in a climate where double entry bookkeeping is now considered racist.

Last edited:

JPark

I'm sure there was some racial component to redlining, however it's primary purpose was a way to gauge credit-worthiness since there were no credit rating agencies then.
Statistically, someone living in Summit would be more likely to repay the loan compaired to someone is Camden.
It was more like geographic discrimination. White people living inside the red line got the same treatment as black people.
The bank just wants to be repaid and make money. We saw what happened in 2008 when banks loaned people money with bad credits scores.

Redlining exists today with car insurance. Your car insurance is more or less expensive in certain areas depending on the crime rate. Is that racist?

Mahnken

I'm sure there was some racial component to redlining, however it's primary purpose was a way to gauge credit-worthiness since there were no credit rating agencies then.
Statistically, someone living in Summit would be more likely to repay the loan compaired to someone is Camden.
It was more like geographic discrimination. White people living inside the red line got the same treatment as black people.
The bank just wants to be repaid and make money. We saw what happened in 2008 when banks loaned people money with bad credits scores.

Redlining exists today with car insurance. Your car insurance is more or less expensive in certain areas depending on the crime rate. Is that racist?
From the description of the book I posted earlier :
As Jane Jacobs established in her classic The Death and Life of Great American Cities, it was the deeply flawed urban planning of the 1950s that created many of the impoverished neighborhoods we know. Now, Rothstein expands our understanding of this history, showing how government policies led to the creation of officially segregated public housing and the demolition of previously integrated neighborhoods. While urban areas rapidly deteriorated, the great American suburbanization of the post-World War II years was spurred on by federal subsidies for builders on the condition that no homes be sold to African Americans. Finally, Rothstein shows how police and prosecutors brutally upheld these standards by supporting violent resistance to Black families in White neighborhoods.

The Fair Housing Act of 1968 prohibited future discrimination but did nothing to reverse residential patterns that had become deeply embedded. Yet recent outbursts of violence in cities like Baltimore, Ferguson, and Minneapolis show us precisely how the legacy of these earlier eras contributes to persistent racial unrest. Rothstein's invaluable examination shows that only by relearning this history can we finally pave the way for the nation to remedy its unconstitutional past.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
I’m an old white man, not rich yet) so you can deliver the money the system is designed to provide me with at the Ryerson school parking lot anytime, I just need a little notice. For the delivery of the other privileges I am entitled to we can coordinate as we go, no
More like wealthy people want to hold on to their money regardless of their race.
who are the bulk of the wealthy people? Just curious.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
You're ignorant. Wealth and power is colorblind, statements like this is why there is such division in this country, you're obviously one of the sheep that buy it.

I have a couple of friends that are stupid-rich, and they happen to not be white. Never once in the 25+yrs I've known them have they ever blamed any setbacks or hurdles they've had to overcome on race.
Don’t be ignorant your self. I did not say there were no minority, wealthy people, but the percentage of them are white and old.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
So you are saying that a working class white kid has more advantages than a child from a wealthy black family?
No, he’s just talking the majority. I am not saying no Black people can get rich or no Black people have opportunity or no Chinese people have opportunity, but I will say it’s much easier to do most things in this country and in this world if you’re white.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
The point being your life is easier if your family has money no matter what your race or what country you live.
In every country in the world the laws are written by people who have money.
Correct, now do the balancing act and see where the weight of the money is.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Typical liberal bullshit. Convince folks that the "system" is stacked against them and come in as their savior.

Exactamundo! This has been the "law" of man since man the dawn of man. Whoever has the money and power gets the honey, no matter who they are.
It’s not hard, the system works for everyone now the problem is it’s top weighted with rich white people it’s a funnel, why don’t they give the poor people on the street investments, 401(k)s, etc. when they bail out people? No, they give them cash because they know they have nothing else and they are going to burn it and it’s going to go to corporations in the top waited part of the funnel.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Misleading because of the pointy end.

But yes there is a gap in wealth and earnings. Maybe another generation or two to straighten out the earning/opportunity part.

Reactions: don
Top Bottom