The big flip…

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
So, obviously, the consensus here is that Rich Whiteman prevails in the future. Has anyone given thought to the big flip concept? This would involve bonds increasing in price, the dollar increasing in price, and all things growth decreasing in price. Basically the last 40 years reverting. How amazing would it be if all equities decreased in value by 50 through 90%? This would enable current generations to buy into the future. Yeah, it would suck for rich old white man but who the F cares. They obviously have enough money. If I go off of previous threads that I have made on this forum, they are so well off with things going up forever and obviously a little pullback wouldn’t hurt them.

thegock

So, obviously, the consensus here is that Rich Whiteman prevails in the future. Has anyone given thought to the big flip concept? This would involve bonds increasing in price, the dollar increasing in price, and all things growth decreasing in price. Basically the last 40 years reverting. How amazing would it be if all equities decreased in value by 50 through 90%? This would enable current generations to buy into the future. Yeah, it would suck for rich old white man but who the F cares. They obviously have enough money. If I go off of previous threads that I have made on this forum, they are so well off with things going up forever and obviously a little pullback wouldn’t hurt them.

🍿

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
oy - so everyone gets to keep their current salary/hourly wage, but we wind back the value of everything?

a 10% gain on 1/10th of a share of something is still a 10% gain.
plan fails the first test.

plot stock averages on a log scale, they look linear. jump in any time and get the benefits.

If what you are talking about is closing the wealth gap - try a different plan.
Provide more education and training
Address the root cause

rick81721

Lothar

Rich Whitman? Any relation to Slim??

giphy (8).gif

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Rich Whitman? Any relation to Slim??

View attachment 206678
It was just a play on words. Obviously our system was designed by white men for white men. This still benefits them the older they get as it';s by design but at some point some sort of wealth redistribution will occur. Today's unplanned FED meeting my say something about this. Would be interesting if Powell came out and was more hawkish with a 50BP hike rather than the priced in 25. I think you would see this one month 100% rally in growth stocks disappear faster than you can blink. The unknown is how long can they fake a broken system and keep gaining wealth for the elite.

serviceguy

I’m an old white man, not rich yet) so you can deliver the money the system is designed to provide me with at the Ryerson school parking lot anytime, I just need a little notice. For the delivery of the other privileges I am entitled to we can coordinate as we go, no rush.

JPark

It was just a play on words. Obviously our system was designed by white men for white men. This still benefits them the older they get as it';s by design but at some point some sort of wealth redistribution will occur. Today's unplanned FED meeting my say something about this. Would be interesting if Powell came out and was more hawkish with a 50BP hike rather than the priced in 25. I think you would see this one month 100% rally in growth stocks disappear faster than you can blink. The unknown is how long can they fake a broken system and keep gaining wealth for the elite.
More like wealthy people want to hold on to their money regardless of their race.

Captain Brainstorm

You're ignorant. Wealth and power is colorblind, statements like this is why there is such division in this country, you're obviously one of the sheep that buy it.

I have a couple of friends that are stupid-rich, and they happen to not be white. Never once in the 25+yrs I've known them have they ever blamed any setbacks or hurdles they've had to overcome on race.

Mahnken

You're ignorant. Wealth and power is colorblind, statements like this is why there is such division in this country, you're obviously one of the sheep that buy it.

I have a couple of friends that are stupid-rich, and they happen to not be white. Never once in the 25+yrs I've known them have they ever blamed any setbacks or hurdles they've had to overcome on race.
You are so very wrong

JPark

I'm not rich either. Doesn't mean I didn't have better opportunities than others. Just means I didn't take advantage.
So you are saying that a working class white kid has more advantages than a child from a wealthy black family?

Mahnken

So you are saying that a working class white kid has more advantages than a child from a wealthy black family?
Did I have better opportunities than black kids in the same exact situation that I was in as a kid? Yes, absolutely.
Did white people burn down black wall street to kill their chances at creating generational wealth? Yes, they did.
Did a black couple get low ball appraisals on their house that doubled when they had their white friends stand in for an appraisal by the same person? Yes, they did.
Just because there are rich black people and poor white people does not change the fact that the system was built to propel white folks.
Here's a good book , and it's on sale.

Amazon product

JPark

Did I have better opportunities than black kids in the same exact situation that I was in as a kid? Yes, absolutely.
Did white people burn down black wall street to kill their chances at creating generational wealth? Yes, they did.
Did a black couple get low ball appraisals on their house that doubled when they had their white friends stand in for an appraisal by the same person? Yes, they did.
Just because there are rich black people and poor white people does not change the fact that the system was built to propel white folks.

Amazon product

The point being your life is easier if your family has money no matter what your race or what country you live.
In every country in the world the laws are written by people who have money.

Mahnken

The point being your life is easier if your family has money no matter what your race or what country you live.
And laws have consistently been written to benefit white folks.

Captain Brainstorm

Amazon product

Typical liberal bullshit. Convince folks that the "system" is stacked against them and come in as their savior.

Exactamundo! This has been the "law" of man since man the dawn of man. Whoever has the money and power gets the honey, no matter who they are.

Top Bottom