The 90-day La Ruta Training Program

heythorp

a few good ones on the road.
school house rd
green pond
changebridge
splitrock
brookvalley

sussex turnpike while lots of rest area is a very long hilly road.

Last edited:

heythorp

school house rd - out by you somewhere norm
green pond- exit 35 on rt 80
changebridge off off 202 in montville
splitrock - off of diamond spring rd in boonton twp, actually the rd changes names technically its not diamond spring rd
brookvalley-also in montiville

sussex turnpike while lots of rest area is a very long hilly road.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
heythorp said:
school house rd - out by you somewhere norm

Searched and searched on google but I can't find it. No biggie. Enough crap around here as it is, though a long sustained climb would be nice.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Hills?!?

The longest hill we have in Monmouth County is about a 1/2 mile long. Will 6 repeats do the same thing?:rolleyes:

We drive up and start from Glen Gardner to do our serious hill work. Anyone here sampling the joys of Iron Bridge Road, Fiddlers Elbow, Zellers, and some of the other beauties in that vacinity? Awesome stuff.

We used to go to Bear Mt. and do laps from 9W up to the top of Perkins as well. That's a 20-some minute climb. Great views on a clear day, and the descent is a barrel of monkeys.

PatrickBrown

ChrisG said:
The longest hill we have in Monmouth County is about a 1/2 mile long. Will 6 repeats do the same thing?:rolleyes:

We drive up and start from Glen Gardner to do our serious hill work. Anyone here sampling the joys of Iron Bridge Road, Fiddlers Elbow, Zellers, and some of the other beauties in that vacinity? Awesome stuff.

We used to go to Bear Mt. and do laps from 9W up to the top of Perkins as well. That's a 20-some minute climb. Great views on a clear day, and the descent is a barrel of monkeys.

hey I know that cat in that avatar pic

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I hate driving to ride on the road. It just seems so wrong.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
normZurawski said:
I hate driving to ride on the road. It just seems so wrong.
I agree, but we've got little choice around here. I'll tell you this, the hills we do drive to tend to be well worth the trip, anyway.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
the biggest road climb in the state has got to be from the delaware river to the high point monument. no? i have plans to add it to my training perhaps in the early spring.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
ChrisG said:
I agree, but we've got little choice around here. I'll tell you this, the hills we do drive to tend to be well worth the trip, anyway.

Yeah I grew up in that area and the hills are alive with the sound of music out there. Wait, did I just say that? It's Monday, cut me some slack.

Anything from Basking Ridge going west start to get into the worthwhile category. Thankfully, I live in the town next to BR.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
anrothar said:
the biggest road climb in the state has got to be from the delaware river to the high point monument. no? i have plans to add it to my training perhaps in the early spring.

High Point is a good place to add road hills, yes. You may want to check out http://www.njbikemap.com/. An absolute must have resource for NJ road riders. No cost either.

Top Bottom