The 29er Experiment Concludes

This is a really great bike for the money spent. The air9 is lighter but I love the feel of the steel frame. The colors on this frame really pop. The Niner sizing chart would have Norm on a Med but it just didn't make sense to me.

Thanks for the chance to build a really fun bike.

J_

Large was definitely the right call. I can't imagine being comfortable on a medium.

Thanks again!

Clark - the steel is really smooth. I'm surprised how much smoother it is than Walter's aluminum Cannondale I was borrowing. I don't think I've lost much of anything on the downhills and the climbs are much, much better now.

I love this bike! (liong - wo ai wo de zi xing che)

I...don't...know. I think I'm riding during nap, 1-4 ish time frame. You?

Parts??

Ok Norm so now that you have been on the Tangerine Dream..

How do you like the rotor ring??

Is the 17 degree Sweep on the bar TOO much?? I want to try one this week.

Is the 29er thing everything that you had hoped??

How about the tires? Enough tread? Fast rolling??

It is crazy how much that post can flex under load.. Nice right??

Anyway I hope you are enjoying it.

J_

Without question this is the greatest bike ever built.

Rotor Ring - I'm just going on faith that it works. Sorta like, I'm going to choose to believe it as a starting point. Walter's bike is roughly as light as mine, with tires that have better tread, and it's aluminum so it should climb better in theory. This bike climbs better, hands down. Some of that has to be the rotor ring, I think. It's hardly scientific but it's all I have.

17 Degree Sweep - Not too much at all. I don't even notice it. My only thought is that there still may be too much weight towards the back, as the front tire still drifts a hair at times. So a smaller sweep or longer stem is something to think about. Though yesterday at Waway it wasn't an issue. I need to get more TIS to say.

29er Thing - More than I could have expected.

Tires - More than enough tread for the Waway rocks yesterday. As I mentioned in another thread, I think tires are overrated. They're like QBs in football. When you win, you had great tires. When you lose, you had crappy tires. They were very fast rolling and were good yesterday.

Flex - This may sound crazy, but overall the bike goes downhill more like my full-suspension bike than Walter's hardtail 29er. Steel just seems to make that much of a difference.

Did I mention I like this bike?

Back
Top Bottom