The 2022 lawn thread

Last weekend did the reverse angle cut from the previous mow. It was nice out so I didn’t mind but i have decided the novelty of cross cutting has worn off and I’m going back to the fastest way next time so I can be done quicker. 06AF18B8-21D0-4BB7-92AA-8709FE2D1FA5.jpeg

Got a Scotts weed and feed question for you lawn experts. I know you're supposed to apply to a wet lawn ahead of 2-3 days of no rain. On Saturday I waited until after the storms has rolled through (or so I thought, even checked the radar) to apply. Got the application done, and then 30 minutes later it poured for about 20 minutes and then stopped. My yard is relatively flat, so I'm hoping it didn't wash away. Did I just waste a $70 bag of lawn chemicals?
Probably, or the low side collected it. Don't feel bad, I did the same...

What is the actual acreage your Automower cuts?
Nearly 1 acre, but it is capable of more. I got it from the regional Husqvarna dealer in Edison nearly 5 years ago. No one was buying them so I got the top of the line model for a great price.... People aren't as lucky anymore since the demand has dramatically increased.

Nearly 1 acre, but it is capable of more. I got it from the regional Husqvarna dealer in Edison nearly 5 years ago. No one was buying them so I got the top of the line model for a great price.... People aren't as lucky anymore since the demand has dramatically increased.
You're lucky. I'd need 5 of them, with all-wheel-drive.

How do they mow uphill? I have some great sledding runs in the back. What about small dogs and chickens?

Last edited:
How do they mow uphill? I have some great sledding runs in the back. What about small dogs and chickens?
I may have the flattest yard in my whole area, so I did not require an awd model, but they are impressive, albeit expensive. Unless your chickens or dogs literally don't move, and lay/stand in a way to let their open flesh into the blade system as it runs them over, it will be fine. Even if that were to happen, the blades retract easily and I doubt they'd even do much damage.... however, my wife did forget to put away the kiddie bouncehouse/pool after deflating it and it got completely shredded. That was more money than I want to admit being thrown down the drain. It was one of the massive fisher price slide/pool contraptions.

Thoughts? https://mygreenmontgomery.org/2022/an-interview-with-experts-are-backyard-mosquito-sprays-safe-and-effective/?fbclid=IwAR0wukHDhxtqkF6SfiZNGjeHuO8DL74ye0NN5NWRX_PvHjmfL9FlYV6kJPs#:~:text=Spraying can harm you, your,mosquitos and pollinate your yard.
Mine as stated on my FB post. "Pesky bugs feed pesky birds and bats. Those annoying stinging bees pollinate all those silly flowers and crops that make food. The pesticides get on you, your kids and pets and cause you to possibly get sick and die. Still, I see SO many yards proudly displaying their "caution, pesticide treated" signs. I don't get it."
Yeah, I'd stay away. Too much messing with mother nature. I hate quitos as much as the next person, but what's a few bites each summer?

if its green (and doesnt turn into a mudhole when it rains) let it ride, wtf needs grass?
mine's greenish and relatively weed free with the lack of rain in my area this year. We got zero this past storm two days ago. I'm used to mowing twice a week through the summer so this is welcome surprise. I don't get my sprinklered neighbors during this pre-drought. What a waste of water and their sewage bill must be high

So we put an offer on a house and it was accepted. It's lawn puts my current little .5 acre plot to shame. Not sure my 33" walk behind is gonna cut it, lol. I'll now have over 3 acres. Maybe 15 percent of which is wooded, the rest is grass. Anyone got any tips on managing this?
Here's the drivewayPXL_20220804_213102392.MP.jpg
Here's the house from halfway into the back yard:
PXL_20220804_211050160.jpg

So we put an offer on a house and it was accepted. It's lawn puts my current little .5 acre plot to shame. Not sure my 33" walk behind is gonna cut it, lol. I'll now have over 3 acres. Maybe 15 percent of which is wooded, the rest is grass. Anyone got any tips on managing this?
Here's the drivewayView attachment 193176
Here's the house from halfway into the back yard:
View attachment 193177
I did a very similar thing 3 years ago. After closing, go buy a quality 60" zero turn mower and don't look back. Previous home owner spent 3 hrs per cut on a 48" riding mower, takes me less than 40 minutes. We happen to ride bikes together now btw

Back
Top Bottom