The 2022 lawn thread

Mahnken

i had a plow attachment for my garden tractor. it couldn't move more than a couple inches of snow even with weights and chains.
walk behind is fast enough - i use my neighbors. or i just leave it and wait two days. it is south jersey.
If that's the case maybe I'll forget about the plow until I get a beater jeep with one 😂. I do have a walk behind that I haven't even bothered starting up in a few years, it is south Jersey. I really want to consider the electric. It would go well with the solar panels and electric car, but I know the 60" gas would just be faster, allowing for longer bike rides. I'll have to go visit some dealers.

Mahnken

I was just busting. I forgot the emoji 🤣

I use that industrial vinegar. I forgot the %. But it works and I smell like salt and vin potato chips. Not a bad thing.
I think the stuff I get from home Depot is 30%. I use any 3/4 gallon, with about a gallon of water, and I think 3 of the Morton salt containers. Haven't made it since the beginning of the season.

JDurk

finally, cant wait til this comes to NJ
Based on my observations while dawn patrol riding during 31/31 challenge, many homes with sprinkler systems are watering the street almost as much as the lawn.

iman29

finally, cant wait til this comes to NJ
time to move to Nevada and start an artificial turf business

qclabrat

Closer to lawn than garden thread so posting here. Lookout out for the ash borers. They got four of my big trees in the front, I hate losing beautiful trees.
PXL_20220910_183712555.jpgPXL_20220910_183719265.jpg

Last edited:

ekuhn

Simple yet effective. It was a pain in the ass to jack the mower up to get enough space to change out the blades and scrape the deck. I tried ramps, car jack, trailer gate, nothing was ever convenient. I saw this on another mower and it seemed like I could make it work. $40 later on the jack... I fab'd it up this past weekend. I probably should have rotated the mount slightly, so it was 100% vertical in the full extended position, but its all welded up now, and with the deck all the way up I can easily get under there.

IMG_8441.JPEG

IMG_8444.JPEG

qclabrat

Simple yet effective. It was a pain in the ass to jack the mower up to get enough space to change out the blades and scrape the deck. I tried ramps, car jack, trailer gate, nothing was ever convenient. I saw this on another mower and it seemed like I could make it work. $40 later on the jack... I fab'd it up this past weekend. I probably should have rotated the mount slightly, so it was 100% vertical in the full extended position, but its all welded up now, and with the deck all the way up I can easily get under there.

View attachment 199531

View attachment 199526
The blade unit doesn't slide out when up? That's how it works on a toro

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member

Nope! I have the same model. get it up, and make enough room for the impact gun.....
i put the floor jack under the center of the deck lip and jack it up.
Probably not great for the leveling system.

ekuhn

No the deck hangs with chains as it "floats". The leveling system lowers the chains and prevents sway.

Nope! I have the same model. get it up, and make enough room for the impact gun.....
i put the floor jack under the center of the deck lip and jack it up.
Probably not great for the leveling system.
I looked at this originally, but couldn't justify the $250+ price tag

1667404373619.png

Cassinonorth

I had a huge renovation this summer that ended with crabgrass taking over my entire front lawn so I nuked it in early September.

Screenshot_20221029-183549.png

Went for high quality seed and can say it paid off tenfold.

Screenshot_20221029-183701.png

And bonus how I kept the kids off my lawn during Halloween since we get 400-500 visits that night

20221031_181906.jpg

Top Bottom