Thanks Steve!

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
you need to get away from the jersey shore if you want real hills. northwest nj mountains aren't as big as socal's, but you can easilly get as many feet of ascent/descent, if not more in a ride of a given length, as/than you can almost anywhere else. case in point, all-a-muchy two years ago. 5500+ft of climbing in 31 miles. no individual climb of greater than 700ft(less actually, but to be safe).

Amen to that! I grew up mountain biking in "real" mountains (Cascades, Bend OR) and I gotta' tell ya', I didn't spend nearly as much time going up and down (and up and down and up and down...) as I do here in NW Jersey. And, there are ten times as many rocks to keep you entertained if the climbing isn't enough!

I've almost forgotten what it is like to mountain bike on flat ground...

dualfisted

BFG, unless you like road trips, get used to the rolling trails of Allaire. It's a fun place, but, as you can imagine no "sustained" climbing.

N

NiceItalianBoy

BFG, unless you like road trips, get used to the rolling trails of Allaire. It's a fun place, but, as you can imagine no "sustained" climbing.

Hey, just wondering about Allaire. Can I ride my singlespeed Azonic Steelhead there or is a geared mountain bike better?

walter

Fourth Party
Hey, just wondering about Allaire. Can I ride my singlespeed Azonic Steelhead there or is a geared mountain bike better?

Allaire is SS heaven. Smooth, tight, twisty-turny single track makes up the majority of the park. I would say these days that if you own several bikes and one of them is a SS and you know you are going to Allaire, the SS would be the weapon of choice.

NJ Jess

Yooo

Hi there BFG, I'm just across the bridge on Fisher b. Love riding Allaire on the SS, geared, or even my DH. I also road ride Island Beach, damn wind feels like a hill. Hope to ride with you some time,....as for hills,...go north!

N

NiceItalianBoy

Hi there BFG, I'm just across the bridge on Fisher b. Love riding Allaire on the SS, geared, or even my DH. I also road ride Island Beach, damn wind feels like a hill. Hope to ride with you some time,....as for hills,...go north!

NJ Jess,
If you happened to visit the Seaside Heights boardwalk last summer, you may have seen me. I was the guy riding the mountain bike for the Code Enforcement. Great job, but low pay.

By the way, my total summer mileage was 3,091.6 miles from May 16 to Labor Day.

walter

Fourth Party
Not bad, almost a 30 mile a day average. Thats like 60 times up and down the strip everyday. Good stuff.

Top Bottom