Talk me out of buying a dirt bike

You are nutz for selling , how can you survive with only a bicycle ?
I love bikes but man I am without a DB now and it's killing me
I almost came back for the Hammer Run but couldn't get a bike ... I know you missed that ....I know I thought about it all weekend

It was brutal.. I miss it every day

After realizing that I'm too many miles away from any trails to commute on a properly set up enduro bike (and wearing out knobbies), I'm just going to buy a hitch carrier and drive the bike where I'm riding. I still want something I can register but I want something that's 100% off road. Not a bike that has compromises for street riding.

Thinking ktm 200,250 or 300 exc. I like the weight of the two strokes and I'm used to the maintenance. I'm hoping to find one with a rekluse clutch already installed.

Don't want to start a new thread and I'm not getting paid. First people that come to mind are @ktmrider @jdog and I was going to post it in the jenson bromance thread but this is most appropriate.

http://epicomotoadv.com/

One of my coworker's best friend (Ricardo) dropped everything, moved back to Colombia, and pursued his dream a couple years ago.
Adventure touring in Colombia. My coworker always shows me these epic photos/videos from his gram. Today showed me a slow mo of a humming bird eating food out of his mouth.

This is on my bucklist regardless that I have no experience with off ride motos.

Just thought I'd share if you are looking to live life.

That looks great. I have wanted to set up a adventure bike and do some long rides but with my youngest being 6 months old I think I have at least a few years before I can get the time to do it.

On another note this is the first time that I have seen this thread and I live in Essex and am dieing to find a place closer then Wharton to ride my bike. @gtluke I see you said there was a top secret spot.... any hints? My 300exc has been parked in the shed for too long.

I am buying a bmw adventure bike end of the year and will do a ride up to Denali if interested , it will be summer next year . I have 5 already committed to going , it will be mostly dirt roads and we will be camping and the occasional hotel . The video looks cool but I would rather do Baja again

On another note this is the first time that I have seen this thread and I live in Essex and am dieing to find a place closer then Wharton to ride my bike. @gtluke I see you said there was a top secret spot.... any hints? My 300exc has been parked in the shed for too long.

I'm not fast, but will give a tour of Colliers Mills Wildlife Management Area in Jackson NJ. 15 miles from my house - we have lots of Singletrack and Giraffes.

I'm not fast, but will give a tour of Colliers Mills Wildlife Management Area in Jackson NJ. 15 miles from my house - we have lots of Singletrack and Giraffes.
That would be great, thanks! I will hit you up at some point in the coming months.

It will sell. If it's as close to the MX bike as they say it is, you're going to see a lot more red at races. They got to get there foot in the door and this looks like a good start.

just found this thread and following.
i am trying to sell a husky 610 and pick up a plated woods bike. live in west orange and the only place i know to go riding is wharton / brendan byrne, or eastern connecticut which is a heck of a drive but good for a weekend campout.

Back
Top Bottom