Suspension seatposts

Dictatorsaurus

Anyone using a suspension seatpost?
How do you like it?

Looking to smooth things out abit for the lower back and spend more time on the saddle rather standing whenever going over roots. Nothing expecting it to ride like FS, just take off the edge a little.

i'm curious also how this would work

for DH bombing makes sense

but for XC pedaling i feel like you'd waste lotsa energy

From reading and asking most people say you don't feel it pogo'ing but you feel it makes the ride a little smoother especially long distance rides. The travel they offer is not much...1"-2".

Anyone using a suspension seatpost?
How do you like it?

Looking to smooth things out abit for the lower back and spend more time on the saddle rather standing whenever going over roots. Nothing expecting it to ride like FS, just take off the edge a little.

I have an USE seatpost on my SS and it's there to take the sharp hits.

but for XC pedaling i feel like you'd waste lotsa energy

nah, no waste of energy

From reading and asking most people say you don't feel it pogo'ing but you feel it makes the ride a little smoother especially long distance rides. The travel they offer is not much...1"-2".

exactly...mine has minimal travel and saves the a$$ a little.

Frank I noticed you had a suspension post when we rode Allaire. Have you tried anything other than the USE?

The Thudbuster looks interesting but it's also a wallet buster at $130.

No I have not.....but it was a wallet buster as well, and has survived 2 of MY bikes:eek:....super strong and light.

Tried both kinds

Frank I noticed you had a suspension post when we rode Allaire. Have you tried anything other than the USE?

The Thudbuster looks interesting but it's also a wallet buster at $130.

When I had an Airborne Ti frame. It was pretty stiff and I bought a USE Shockpost for it. It took the edge off and was not too noticeable when riding. I ended up breaking seat clamp though and I'm not a big person.

After breaking it, I got a Thudbuster ST. That worked well too, but was a bit more noticeable due to the parrallelogram design. When the it compressed, the seat moves down and back a bit.

Ultimately I solved the problem by getting a steel frame 29er :). Didn't feel I needed a shockpost at all on a nice steel frame.

I sold the Thudbuster, but if you want a broken USE post and think you can get the replacement part for it, shoot me an PM.

We use a Thudbuster LT on the hardtail tandem and my wife says it makes her happy. We ride a lot of rooty and rocky terrain. It did fail once when a few months old but I contacted Cane Creek and they sent out a new one that day as a total replacement. Got it in 2 days time.
Ed and Pat Gifford
The big red tandem

I was really enjoying my new 29er hardtail until I did the race at Waywayanda last month. I got a terrible beating on the second lap when I became too tired to look ahead for rocks. I just put on the Thudbuster LT. I have one ride on it and I am very satisfied . It is well made and works as advertised.

Back
Top Bottom