Strictly METAL

TJYeti

Knows about bikes
A few Slayer pix. We were 5th row bit the pit was big and it seemed farther back then that. Still had an awesome time.

Attachments

• EC7CB690-F89B-44C2-ACBE-ABDFC08F1299.jpeg
    EC7CB690-F89B-44C2-ACBE-ABDFC08F1299.jpeg
    67.9 KB · Views: 6
  • F0282E9D-DE0C-45F1-9D48-CAA5FC2379C3.jpeg
    F0282E9D-DE0C-45F1-9D48-CAA5FC2379C3.jpeg
    65.2 KB · Views: 6
  • B7D69B99-6158-4552-8DEF-F451856F52CC.jpeg
    B7D69B99-6158-4552-8DEF-F451856F52CC.jpeg
    61.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 613085D5-9C90-4630-A60D-C21662B05D11.jpeg
    613085D5-9C90-4630-A60D-C21662B05D11.jpeg
    49.7 KB · Views: 5

walter

Fourth Party
Forgot to post this. As i was leaving the Slayer show last Friday, i almost rear ended this guy trying to get this pic.
20190524_232957_HDR.jpg

This past Sunday was the The Bash fest at Raceway Park. I was quickly reminded why i dont like outdoor venues or festival type shows. Madball came on right at 4 pm and played their full 40 minute set. This was the stage.
20190602_161639.jpg
Then as soon as they finished, we were evacuated due to some impending doom. And hour or so after drinking our own beers in the parking lot we were allowed back inside, to L7 aready playing. They played their full set.
Next up Suicidal Tendencies. They made it through the full set and were really good, much better than a year ago when they played with the Misfits at Prudential.
Mikey Muir and Dave Lombardo
20190602_184743.jpg
After ST was Pennywise. They made it through the whole set and sounded really good as well. Much fun.
Wrapping up the night was Rancid. It was obvious they rushed to get on stage, they made it into the 4th or 5th song and the skies opened up and that was it. Everybody out. Feel bad, large portion of the crowd seemed to be there for Rancid. Booooo rain.

Sick of it All/Snapcase/Slapshot this weekend.

Last edited:

walter

Fourth Party
Same. Had the opportunity to go (starland is like 5 minutes from my house) but we had an extremely rare kid free weekend and my wife booked a night

in the city for us.
20190824_195635.jpg

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Over the years, I've not been a deep death metal guy. I've had to go back and dig into a lot of the foundational stuff that I missed when it was first happening.

Lately, I've been digging the new wave of old-school death metal bands that connect me back to the stuff from the 90's, and Gatecreeper is one of the best of the bunch.

https://gatecreeper.bandcamp.com/

Edit: I tried embedding the player, but no luck.

Last edited:

Mike679

Over the years, I've not been a deep death metal guy. I've had to go back and dig into a lot of the foundational stuff that I missed when it was first happening.

Lately, I've been digging the new wave of old-school death metal bands that connect me back to the stuff from the 90's, and Gatecreeper is one of the best of the bunch.

https://gatecreeper.bandcamp.com/

Edit: I tried embedding the player, but no luck.

Check out Creeping Death - another new band doing the old-school DM thing and doing it well. They're on the bill with High on Fire, Power Trip, and Devil Master at Asbury Lanes in November. That show gives a bit of everything style-wise. Thrash, death, weird-ass punk-infused black metal, and High on Fire who are in their own category.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Check out Creeping Death - another new band doing the old-school DM thing and doing it well. They're on the bill with High on Fire, Power Trip, and Devil Master at Asbury Lanes in November. That show gives a bit of everything style-wise. Thrash, death, weird-ass punk-infused black metal, and High on Fire who are in their own category.
Thanks for the recommendation.

I will for sure be at that gig, it's been on my calendar for a while. I'm a huge High On Fire fan, and I live 15 minutes from the Lanes.

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
Ive been slacking. Sorry.
No camera ban this time. 1000000% better than the Prudential show. Already have my tickets for Philly.
View attachment 108923
I’m kicking myself for not going. It was the best lineup of all their reunion shows. I couldn’t get past them playing an arena, and how ridiculous Danzig has become. But I should have went.

walter

Fourth Party
I’m kicking myself for not going. It was the best lineup of all their reunion shows. I couldn’t get past them playing an arena, and how ridiculous Danzig has become. But I should have went.

It was worth every penny. You haven't lived until you've heard 20some thousand people sing "i aint no God damn son of a bitch" lol.
Dave Lombardo posted this the next morning.
FB_IMG_1571843914425.jpg

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
It was worth every penny. You haven't lived until you've heard 20some thousand people sing "i aint no God damn son of a bitch" lol.
Dave Lombardo posted this the next morning.
View attachment 108927
I’ve seen them a bunch of times when it was the jerry only traveling roadshow with dez and marky ramone, those shows were completely a sing a long, I can only imagine how this show was.

I feel like all of this would belong in a punk thread if there was one, but going to see Flipper tonight.

Top Bottom