strava now using mapbox open street map instead of google maps.

All coming up as mapbox for me.

Biggest tragedy is in the map embed. The scroll wheel isn't passed through to map frame, it's scrolling the page instead of zooming the map. Rookie shit.

u using chrome? (or chrome os) seems they just recently introduced a bug - i'm seeing this in a couple places i haven't before....

I was mistaken. I still get Open Street Map. But when I go to crop my ride, I get Google Map. I should turn them in.

Didn't ride at all last week so just noticed this today. I think my biggest complaint with the new maps is that it's a lot harder to see shaded elevation contours. The topography was incredibly precise and detailed with google maps. This just kind of looks like a green blob. May not be a big deal to some but it is to me.

I deleted strava. New aap has complicated user interface F**k that. Map my rides will not load on the S-4 galaxy, so F them too.

"GPS cycle computer" works great, also have 'Bikecomputer" Both are simple to turn on off start pause... Have no use for posting my ride times or comparing them to the last time, way too many variables; weather conditions, Trail conditions, what crew, who is hung over, injured, tired.

So I'm content, except I refuse to ride with a cell phone..

I think my biggest complaint with the new maps is that it's a lot harder to see shaded elevation contours. The topography was incredibly precise and detailed with google maps.

On the plus side though, you can now see them no matter how far you zoom in. When they used Google Maps, once you zoomed in too far you lost the elevation detail.

Maps! So easy, anyone can do it!

I tried to find some GIS memes and quickly realized I am in the least funny profession, ever.

Still seeing Google in the app

Screenshot_2015-08-11-08-04-28.png

I'm only seeing mapbox maps on desktop for complete activities, searching or exploring for segments still shows google maps, and it's still all google maps on the iOS app. I like that it has the trail names, seems to work fine on Firefox.

Funny you say that, cell service was so bad I had to memorize the turns. Thankfully it was only 4 roads.

Hmm good to know. Where did you rent? And how did you get out to that starting point? I'm not gonna have a car.

I think Google charges per server hits or map renditions or something like that. Maybe they are trying to cut down on their costs.

Back
Top Bottom