Stokes State Forest Conditions

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Nagys kinda trail

Yeah there's some cool sections of trail on that blue mountain loop, especially where you're riding along the river. If you want to see what I really like though, check out the Stony Brook Trail and Tower Trail. You can make a quick lollipop loop of them using Sunrise Mountain Rd from over by Stony Lake.

I found if doing the Blue Mtn loop do it clockwise, its easier. I'll take the spring Cabin road to Tinsley and do the longer Tinsley climb back to Blue Mountain. The Swenson rock garden on Blue past Spring Cabin is tough or do it as figure 8 using the Tinsley as your cross over. That way you avoid the rock garden climb past cabin and or the Tinsley trail climb. I have a few routs posted on trailforks to help with ideas. Or check out my ride logs on strava/ trail forks.
Cartwright, upper Stony Brook and Tower are best doing downhill. Blue Mtn is rerouted onto pavement in one spot but not really a big deal. I updated rerout in trailforks as well as all the trails and woods roads.

gingertooth

This is all locals need. Strava goons with long travel and e-bikes from mtbnj with no mtb skills who will just show up to make reroutes and rip rocks out of the trails like Tinkerbell Goerge....

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
This is all locals need. Strava goons with long travel and e-bikes from mtbnj with no mtb skills who will just show up to make reroutes and rip rocks out of the trails like Tinkerbell Goerge....

I was thinking we could have an MTBNJ TM there where we remove all the rocks and turn Stokes into a flow trail system. Then we could rename it just STOKE STATE PARK, for all the flow trail STOKE.

XOXO

BadLine

Great news!!! STRAVA has agreed to sponsor the new and improved STOKE STATE PARK and is going to donate all the asphalt we need to pave all the trails.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Great news!!! STRAVA has agreed to sponsor the new and improved STOKE STATE PARK and is going to donate all the asphalt we need to pave all the trails.

Jesus look at all the people coming out of the woodwork for this.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Are you always this full of yourself, oh yeah thats right you are. Keep telling yourself how awesome you are, maybe someday someone else might believe you 😄 🤣

Maybe hardtail70 will chime in.
Can confirm that won't be happening, damn shame too.

gingertooth

I was thinking we could have an MTBNJ TM there where we remove all the rocks and turn Stokes into a flow trail system. Then we could rename it just STOKE STATE PARK, for all the flow trail STOKE.

XOXO
I'm going to take all those rocks and build a 30ft wall around you

gingertooth

Are you always this full of yourself, oh yeah thats right you are. Keep telling yourself how awesome you are, maybe someday someone else might believe you 😄 🤣

Well considering you ride an ebike and claim it was a tough ride for you I'm going to assume that's not saying much skipper....lol maybe you'll run into me sometime walking that ebike of yours and give me a hug?

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Haha toofy don't be jealous I'm having more fun then you. I will definitely wave as I'm going by with a polite smile because that's what i do.

gingertooth

Haha toofy don't be jealous I'm having more fun then you. I will definitely wave as I'm going by with a polite smile because that's what i do.
Let's set it up yall. Would love to see you try to carry that pig through the gnar as I stream by you in laughter...😃 I can bring an oxygen tank for you if needed?

mtn

Anyone new who commented in the last two pages is banned from the park. Where were you all after the hurricanes and winter storms??

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Anyone new who commented in the last two pages is banned from the park. Where were you all after the hurricanes and winter storms??

Yeah we put in something like 500 man-hours to get CR back into shape. We continue to deal with the astounding damage that was done from that, as it literally changed the landscape in spots.

Top Bottom