Stephens State Park Conditions

02camaro

I took note of some trees down yesterday on my ride.

This is double tree down. Both approve 12-15in diameter
Screenshot_20230109-112820_Trailforks.jpg

Another down half way up hally toe climb, it's rideable
Screenshot_20230109-124923_Trailforks.jpg

Then there's two large ones as mention down at the start of tally hoe

Jrzjoe

Did a bunch. Maybe 23 miles. Only pink was greasy in spots. Spent the least time there.
Everything else was great. It was a good day.
Tree down on trestle. A couple more up top but can’t remember where. Sorry.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Did a bunch. Maybe 23 miles. Only pink was greasy in spots. Spent the least time there.
Everything else was great. It was a good day.
Tree down on trestle. A couple more up top but can’t remember where. Sorry.

Please update conditions on trailforks.
Probably freeze/thaw now?

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thoughts on conditions for Sunday morning, 3/12? Guessing not great, but looking for someone local to say it’s good enough.

JPark

Thoughts on conditions for Sunday morning, 3/12? Guessing not great, but looking for someone local to say it’s good enough.
I haven't been there since the group ride, but I've gone there several times thinking it would be a disaster and my bike was barely dirty after the ride.

HOWEVER, there could be snow. Some parts of northern NJ got several inches.

BTPete

Good morning everyone. I’m wondering if people think the trails will be rideable today? I’m headed to the area from The Capital Region of New York & wasn’t sure. We’ve got ample snow cover here. Thanks.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It was 60 degrees here yesterday i wouldnt expect any snow cover. But you may find a good bit of moisture in the lower trails, I would expect the upper trails to be fine

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Good morning everyone. I’m wondering if people think the trails will be rideable today? I’m headed to the area from The Capital Region of New York & wasn’t sure. We’ve got ample snow cover here. Thanks.
I got word trails are good to go. The winds from last storm probably pushed down some some deadfall.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions