State Shutdown

bigW

Tim

aka sptimmy43
Mebbe is just me but the language used is not very clear...
Agreed.

I personally think if you have to travel to do something other than buy food, medicine, etc. it's a no go. I work in golf and we received clarification from the governor's counsel that golf is non-essential recreation. I think if you can do it from home, ie. walk, run, ride it's ok.

But as you said the executive order is somewhat ambiguous.

AndyJ

IMO, I don’t think police will be bothering folks on the road or parked at parks, as long as the social distancing guidelines are followed in the park. The stay at home order is to give more traction to the closing of nonessential businesses and preventing the congregation of groups of people. The order says I can leave home to visit family; I doubt that means only family within walking/riding distance ;)

Of course, this could change if folks still choose to continue to ignore social distancing.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member

w_b

From what I understand there’s 4 things you can do outside. (For now):
1- go for essential goods, and services. Obviously medical attention is an essential service.
2- go to/ from work if work is providing #1 above.
3- go visit family and close friends.
4- Exercise, while practicing Social Distortion (Story of My Life)

IMO 4 is the only one not open to interpretation. So I’m going to visit my Dad then we going for a bike ride.

Murphy’s MMV.

Just left Allaire as I was pulling out onto Hospital Rd. I saw what is a Police SUV. But it wasn't a Park Police, Wall, Howell SUV. Might have a Sheriff's car. But I didn't hang around. I had seen people there I never saw before. Tons of families with kids, older people. People just want to get out.

SmooveP

Mebbe is just me but the language used is not very clear...
Seems pretty clear to me. The entire list is a response to a question about driving: Item 5 states:

"engaging in outdoor activities with immediate family members, caretakers, household members, or romantic partners while following best social distancing practices with other individuals, including staying six feet apart".

rick81721

Lothar
From what I understand there’s 4 things you can do outside. (For now):
1- go for essential goods, and services. Obviously medical attention is an essential service.
2- go to/ from work if work is providing #1 above.
3- go visit family and close friends.
4- Exercise, while practicing Social Distortion (Story of My Life)

IMO 4 is the only one not open to interpretation. So I’m going to visit my Dad then we going for a bike ride.

Murphy’s MMV.

And clearly you can just go out for a drive. Let's be real, cops are not going to be setting up roadblocks to stop everyone and ask where they are going.

w_b

Kids wanted tennis. Tennis it is.
Singles. Drove. F the man.
3DAC1CA1-0399-4AA6-A76C-FEBE9882D391.jpeg

Tim

aka sptimmy43
Not yet! Some people on social media are actually advocating marshal law. That is a slippery slope.

It is a slippery slope and it is possible. I tend to agree with @rick81721 that it won't come to that. However, if you read EO-107 there is huge power given to the Superintendent of the State Police to basically close any and all roads and restrict traffic as they see fit.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
Allaire was pretty busy today. I think it is just a matter of time before parks will be prohibited too. Parts of Colorado have banned backcountry skiing because of the crowds of people participating now.

Tim

aka sptimmy43
Allaire was pretty busy today. I think it is just a matter of time before parks will be prohibited too. Parts of Colorado have banned backcountry skiing because of the crowds of people participating now.
see all you drive and riders are gonna blow it!

I think you are both right. But then again we went for a walk in the neighborhood yesterday and it was the same thing. Everyone was out. The sidewalks and streets were packed with walkers, dogs, runners, and bikes. We live in a place where it's damn near impossible to avoid all contact and interaction with people.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions