Stan's?

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Are you guys running Stan's sealant in your tubes?

Tubeless ??

What is the hot setup.

I haven't had an inner tube on any bike of mine in over 5 years.

Not looking to go back.

Tubes. Can you get us Stans in costco size quantities? I think it would require an entire quart per wheel ;)

Are you guys running Stan's sealant in your tubes?

Tubeless ??

What is the hot setup.

I haven't had an inner tube on any bike of mine in over 5 years.

Not looking to go back.

I have stans in my front tube at the moment as that's where I run into all the trouble. I'm going to be trying tubeless in the near future though.

I have run all of my fat bike wheels tubeless for the last 2 years...I use the tried and true split tube ghetto method...Works like a charm every time...No need to mess with gorrilla tape and foam...Get 24" tube...Put it on rim...split it...put tire on...remove valve core and use compressor to inflate tire till the bead pops in...inject stans through valve core...reinflate tire...Bam, Done! Have run as low as 4psi on the beach without issue...

Ride Fat Bikes!!!

Last edited:
I saw the dude at Cycle Haven post that ghetto tubeless set-up. I'm willing to give that a shot albiet I highly doubt the tire will stay on at places like Chimney Rock or Sourlands. I've gotten the bead to pop even using tubes.

-Jim.

Hey Jim...Derrick from Cycle Haven is a 6' 8" 220lb former pro downhiller...Dude can lay it down with the best of them...I would never say it is not possible to pop the bead but it has yet to happen to us....We will be at the Horseshoe Scramble...Anyone that wants to check out our tubeless set up is welcome to stop by the tent...Actually everyone stop by and lets talk Fat Bikes!!!!!

I saw the dude at Cycle Haven post that ghetto tubeless set-up. I'm willing to give that a shot albiet I highly doubt the tire will stay on at places like Chimney Rock or Sourlands. I've gotten the bead to pop even using tubes.

-Jim.

Last edited:
a standard 24" tube has enough diameter to cover a fat rim?

I just tried to set this up on my rim. The tube isn't wide enough to do a Clown Shoe. There may be a method to set-up a Clown Shoe as well but it seems to be a bit complicated for whatever benefit may come of it. Traction certainly isn't an issue on a fat bike, neither are pinch flats. Most flats I get are from running something over in the road and cutting the tire, where I need to patch the tire from the inside anyway. Stan's would just leave a huge jizz stain on my back :D

-Jim.

Just thinking out loud here but wouldn't the tube from 85cc moto work here best. Drill out for schrader stem and you now have instant core removal.

q tubes 24" 2.4 - 2.75 is wide enough for the clown shoe...

I just tried to set this up on my rim. The tube isn't wide enough to do a Clown Shoe. There may be a method to set-up a Clown Shoe as well but it seems to be a bit complicated for whatever benefit may come of it. Traction certainly isn't an issue on a fat bike, neither are pinch flats. Most flats I get are from running something over in the road and cutting the tire, where I need to patch the tire from the inside anyway. Stan's would just leave a huge jizz stain on my back :D

-Jim.

Back
Top Bottom