Stans tubeless porous sidewalls...

skyrokz

So I just discovered something weird, this is the second time that this has happened and maybe someone can collaborate my experience. While riding on Saturday I was low on air and used a CO2 On my rear tire and I washed my bike so it was nice and clean. After a day I noticed wet spots all over my tire and thought it was just water from washing my bike but today it was still wet looking and sure enough it's stans seeping through my sidewalls while nothing on my front tire which still has regular air in it. I remember I had the same experience with my wtb tires but I used CO2 cartridges on both to seat them and thought it was just because the side walls were super porous. Anyone have a similar thing happen?

I just used air and the rear on my Farley 8 had seeping sidewalls for weeks when I first got it.

So I just discovered something weird, this is the second time that this has happened and maybe someone can collaborate my experience. While riding on Saturday I was low on air and used a CO2 On my rear tire and I washed my bike so it was nice and clean. After a day I noticed wet spots all over my tire and thought it was just water from washing my bike but today it was still wet looking and sure enough it's stans seeping through my sidewalls while nothing on my front tire which still has regular air in it. I remember I had the same experience with my wtb tires but I used CO2 cartridges on both to seat them and thought it was just because the side walls were super porous. Anyone have a similar thing happen?

C02 causes a reaction with Stans Sealant. It causes it to ball up and separate.

http://velonews.competitor.com/2014...q/technical-faq-tire-sealant-questions_355499

The pin holes may be from the separation of your sealant. In the future you are better off running the propane canisters. We have them.

Bubbles like this? Are you using a non tubeless ready tire? If so this is pretty common.

936070d1414964002-did-slime-eat-through-my-tire-img_2227.jpg

both my bikes that are tubeless have some seepage, ive been ok as long as i keep an eye on my sealant levels

ive heard a lot of people say co2 is the devil for stans and everyone has always had a different answer, that seems to make the most sense to me

I've had that happening for months on my front tire, while the rear shows no signs.

I've not used CO2 in either tire.

As Utah also mentions, mine are non-tubeless specific Maxxis, so I assume the seepage is a side effect of the less robust sidewalls.

Back
Top Bottom