Soundz Like Riding Short Time Many Time

So I eventually found out it is called a “spring box”. And no, I saw no discernible change in level from June to end of Nov. I checked after some monsoon-like weather. I think this is supposed to be good in that the source of water is probably coming from way up in the mountain filtered through the earth over time vs surface water quickly finding its way into the box. At any rate I plan to put in a UV and other filters. At some point I will probably redo the whole thing so I have some more waterflow and don’t have to use the suction.
When searching for “how does a spring box work” several videos popped up. One of them was about discovering one and how they are made… including the mystery pipe coming out of the spring side wall. They didn’t attempt to fix it yet but are planning to do so in future videos.

looking glass rock . nc

20230228-171022-HDR.jpg

20230228-170132-HDR.jpg

20230228-163537-HDR.jpg

20230228-162437-HDR.jpg

20230228-155708-HDR.jpg

Got through a few videos yesterday - my former hydrogeologist self is obsessed with the "well". I know you've been on the road, but did you see the water level come up in the fall - this summer was really dry, so the water table was probably lower.
Heal up Jimmy, looking forward to a Spring visit.
@soundz have you reviewed the aquifer maps? I haven't drilled wells since college, you should reach out to a local SUNY school's geology department and if you haven't already check out this site: https://www.dec.ny.gov/lands/36064.html

Heal up Jimmy, looking forward to a Spring visit.
@soundz have you reviewed the aquifer maps? I haven't drilled wells since college, you should reach out to a local SUNY school's geology department and if you haven't already check out this site: https://www.dec.ny.gov/lands/36064.html
I've given it some thought but with the spring already there and a zillion other things to get done, I doubt it will happen very soon, if ever. I suspect it wouldn't be very hard to find water underground as I'm near the base of the mountain and lots of creek water flowing nearby into a river.

I've given it some thought but with the spring already there and a zillion other things to get done, I doubt it will happen very soon, if ever. I suspect it wouldn't be very hard to find water underground as I'm near the base of the mountain and lots of creek water flowing nearby into a river.

It would save time, not consume it......
1 day to drill and trench. One for electric and plumbing.

You can cut trail while they are doing this.

It would save time, not consume it......
1 day to drill and trench. One for electric and plumbing.

You can cut trail while they are doing this.
But 0 days for using a spring that I already made functional. Plus it tends to take me 2-3-4 to 10x longer trying to do something I've never done before as well as cost of materials and tools.

But 0 days for using a spring that I already made functional. Plus it tends to take me 2-3-4 to 10x longer trying to do something I've never done before as well as cost of materials and tools.

Spring is a reliable source now? You aren't putting any more time into it?
A well also adds value.

Back
Top Bottom