Snow depth Reports

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
For those figuring on a fat ride this weekend, post up your observed snow depths where you are so we can plan accordingly.

Morristown: (Lew Mo, Patriot's Path): 8.5", decently fluffy, hint of moisture, not fine powder.

SpartaBard

For those figuring on a fat ride this weekend, post up your observed snow depths where you are so we can plan accordingly.

Morristown: (Lew Mo, Patriot's Path): 8.5", decently fluffy, hint of moisture, not fine powder.

Mahlon has 12+ of powder.

SpartaBard

Any clue what condition the Snow Bowl is in post-Sandy? I'd love to hike up with the snowboard, but I'm guessing the slopes are blocked by trees.

No idea, I haven't been over there is a long while. However, it is a popular locale for sledding, so it may have been cleared. I don't know though. Not sure if it is worth the trip for a "maybe".

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
Allamuchy North 10" powder, slowly compacting. Should be great, I hear fatbikes can float right thru at least 30":rofl:

THATmanMANNY

10" at 6mile. Fluffy powder mostly with underlying wet snow from yesterday during the day

Once every few years wish i had snow shoes to hike and board the sourlands pipe

cuda

Can fat bikes even manage the trails right now? I went by six mile this morning and was disappointed to see zero bike tracks. My 29'er went nowhere.

J-Dro

We got about 7" at the Sourlands. About an inch of heavy slush at the bottom, covered by about 6" of powder.

gtluke

The Moped
It's too deep and heavy right now, Jim can probably do it further south with his EPO legs ;)

tomorrow it should be great though when it freezes up.

notwist

4" in Bordentown close to Clayton. I'm about to hit the towpath on my CX bike.

i rode my cross bike over to the towpath entrance by Six Mile but wasn't digging it so i just did a road ride. Hopefully, the snow thaws out a bit so I can ride it tomorrow.

Sevenz

Stay away from Long Island...I've got 28" in Western Suffolk...Eastern Suffolk got closer to 3'...Trails are locked down here, even for us fat bikers, until we can pack it down a little with snow shoes or xc skis....

BiknBen

i rode my cross bike over to the towpath entrance by Six Mile but wasn't digging it so i just did a road ride. Hopefully, the snow thaws out a bit so I can ride it tomorrow.

I rode the towpath with the CX bike from Baker's Basin to Rt 27 and back. The foot traffic made is bumpy but it was rideable. All those footprints will be frozen tomorrow making for a very bumpy and difficult ride. I think you missed your chance.

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
Glad I went to Mtn Creek instead

13" of fresh. We bagged a few runs in the beginning with no tracks, rest of the day was packed powder. One of the best ski days in NJ in a long while. Only got crowded at around 2:00, so we left. Not sure what tomorrow will offer....Wonder what Allaire got?

Wobbegong

Should be great, I hear fatbikes can float right thru at least 30":rofl:

You can test that theory in my yard if you want!!

Went to bed to this......
ab38c4e2-bac4-4680-a459-f6ecce46491a_zps24f90dbe.jpg

Woke at 3:30am to this!!!! 30 inches!!
2f0cc865-4034-4379-8a23-782e3ae7db69_zps3d0bd6bb.jpg

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
Skyline/Ramapo about 8"-10"...soft and no traffic below the lake (Parked at soccer field) not sure parking at TOS. Around noon lots were not cleared.

gtluke

The Moped
I think this is your last chance at snow. Jungle is still pretty well snow covered, the dry spots are actually dry too. I did no trail damage with the fat bike where it wasn't snow covered. This snow is pretty difficult though. It's snow cone on top of wet snow cone ice. Super slick, and the bench cuts have been filled in flush with the hill with snow, so you slip off the trail a bit when on the bench cuts. But hey, it's snow.
IMG_20130228_113326.jpg

Top Bottom