Smokeless fire pits

Solo Stove is awesome for smokeless. Nobody complains about getting smoke in their face. But it does kind of defeat the purpose of having a fire. You can really just see the flames out the top if you load it up enough, so it doesn’t give you that campfire feel. The other downsides are that the heat really just goes up so you have to be pretty close if it’s cold, and I’m guessing it burns hotter because it EATS wood. Pretty much all of my neighbors have one, one which has the original extra large Yukon. We have some Costco copper colored bowl which gives you a nicer to look at fire and heat, but you’re playing musical chairs around it depending on the wind direction. So yes, smokeless does what it says. Can’t speak for non-Solo options.

Solo Stove is awesome for smokeless. Nobody complains about getting smoke in their face. But it does kind of defeat the purpose of having a fire. You can really just see the flames out the top if you load it up enough, so it doesn’t give you that campfire feel. The other downsides are that the heat really just goes up so you have to be pretty close if it’s cold, and I’m guessing it burns hotter because it EATS wood. Pretty much all of my neighbors have one, one which has the original extra large Yukon. We have some Costco copper colored bowl which gives you a nicer to look at fire and heat, but you’re playing musical chairs around it depending on the wind direction. So yes, smokeless does what it says. Can’t speak for non-Solo options.
All true.... We brought ours camping this weekend to get a quick fire going. It was worthless at 30°, the next night we used the old rim pit they have there and it was much warmer. I love my solo, but for cool spring and summer nights

If an overbuilt, overpriced, customizable firepit fits into your budget, these are pretty cool:

I've warmed myself next to one of these on several occasions, and can confirm they are built like tanks and are amazing, however I can't bring myself to part with that much scratch for a firepit that isn't built-in. These days anything "built in Vermont" commands a premium. My son is learning how to weld so I'm going to ask him to make me one.

I've had these on my radar if buying a "smokeless". Made in PA. Pricing is too crazy.
I've also made something very similar to this at work. Stupid pricing for something so simple, which is why I reverse engineered it and made it myself. Paid company time & material.

I've also made something very similar to this at work. Stupid pricing for something so simple, which is why I reverse engineered it and made it myself. Paid company time & material.

this could justify getting the plasma cutter i want!

I've had these on my radar if buying a "smokeless". Made in PA. Pricing is too crazy.
Those Stahl pits look pretty cool actually, you should post a pic of the one that you made. It looks like a less ambitious project for a beginner like my son to tackle vs. the Insane Pit.

this could justify getting the plasma cutter i want!
A plasma cutter is just something that we all need, period. You never know when there's gonna be metal around that needs cutting.

Those Stahl pits look pretty cool actually, you should post a pic of the one that you made. It looks like a less ambitious project for a beginner like my son to tackle vs. the Insane Pit.

A plasma cutter is just something that we all need, period. You never know when there's gonna be metal around that needs cutting.
CNC plasma table here at work handles 8ft x 20ft plates up to 2" thick (I think).

This is made from 1/4" hot rolled steel. Notice the warping in the action photos vs no firewood.
IMG_20161124_123648978.jpg
IMG_20161124_145848092.jpg
IMG_20161124_164949402.jpg

We started the with solo but found it too small and it really didn't warm you up very much.

I then discovered the breeo and it seemed to be more of what I was after.

It burns well, it super tough and it actually warms you up.

IMG_3063.jpegIMG_2843.jpeg68575642885__2E0DF576-E3FF-4947-A672-1A93E42B4390.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom