Skyline Drive Tues 3/25 5:30pm

xc62701

Yea it was good to ride with and meet some of those new faces. For me it was the first ride I've done without knee pain. I've been nursing a sore knee for a while and I sprained my ankle last weekend so I had a couple of issues that didin't really bother me too much. It was good to get out and remember those trails. I had forgotten how techy/fun they were!

J-Dro

Great crew yesterday and good to meet some fellow mtbNJ'ers. We should try to keep this going weekly and maybe vary the location. Maybe start at Lot C or the school or head down into Oakland from Skyline...

Jim, sorry we missed you, but good to hear you got out for a ride. Thats a pretty scary place to ride alone at night.

Shaggz

A strong 7
d@mnit! i am on week 3 of being sick, and the way it looks, i'll be lucky if i can put 2 wheels down this weekend. it will be real cool if this can be a regular ride.

BlackBean

It was a great ride. First time I've ridden in such a big group with so few problems. Sorry for Jim, but luckily it happened right at the start of the ride. What's the plan for next week? I can ride Tuesday or Wednesday every week. Do we plan to ride every Tuesday night? Do we start a new thread or keep on going on this one? :confused:

J-Dro

It's probably best to start a new thread every week so everyone is clear on the location and start time. I'm out of town next week so no ride for me.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
I like to keep using old threads....:D

We'll post a new one next week. Next time we'll park at Soccer Field and do "this" side of the park.

t.wach

I like to keep using old threads....:D

We'll post a new one next week. Next time we'll park at Soccer Field and do "this" side of the park.

Where are the soccer fields? Im just getting into mountain biking. What is the pace of the ride? I dont want to be slowing everyone up.

Glancing Aft

Next Tuesday or Wednesday should work fine for me. The rush is back up and running and I'm looking forward to taking her out.

BlackBean

Looks like rain next Monday and possibly Tuesday (into the afternoon). I think Wednesday might be better weatherwise (trails won't be too soft and wet), but I guess we'll know better by Monday. I am looking for someone to ride with Saturday afternoon. Anyone? Would like to ride Allamuchy if someone knows it well - I know it well enough to get lost and find my way out again :(

Engignar

great I look forward to next week. For those looking for the soccer field -

From 287 - Get off at the skyline drive exit, and make a left from the exit ramp onto Skyline drive, so you will head back underneath the 287 overpass instead of up towards the top parking lot. Follow this road (Skyline dr/ West Oakland Ave/ Colfax Ave) for ~1.5 - 2 mi and make a right onto Schuyler Ave. Make a right at the stop sign onto Barbara Dr. and the dirt parking lot for the soccer field is at the end of the road on the left.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...ate1=ssprovidelocationcard:sseditdetailedcard

Glancing Aft

It's wet out there. I really don't see it drying out much by tomorrow. Are we still riding or should we shoot for Thursday instead?

t.wach

I think its supposed to rain over night. Tomorrow wil be sunny but i dont think enough to dry any trails out. I think thursday would be a better day.

Engignar

I can't make one today...I moved over the weekend and have about 600 things to do, and none of those are fix the poorly shifting bike, much less ride it unfortunately. On the other hand, the new place is sweet, and much closer to the mountains! If Thursday does not happen lets look to doing it again next Tues.

t.wach

Is there going to be a ride tonight. The trails should be dry from the reports on other places.

Top Bottom