Sixmilers IG account

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Nope....too many distractions. Someone will eventually get through to her.

Heck, the reason I started mine in the first place was so I could follow my youngest kids digital photography.:oops:

Supermoto

o
it's not like it's illegal. the trails aren't closed (although, i think they should be)... and there's no signage... soooo...

Exactly. A sign at the trails seems to be the easiest and best solution. Will the Park not allow that?

The Kalmyk

aside from saying "hey... maybe reconsider riding here and come on out to help us with TM" what can you do? if you leave snarky messages on her IG, you come across as holier than thou and a bit stalkerish.

Asking people to exhibit self control on hot topics doesn't hit home 100%. There is always a split.

Making your page private and avoiding hashtaging prevents the said stalkerish behavior.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
ok... so i don't want to defend her or anything because i don't think it's cool she's riding 6 mile in those conditions...

BUT

it's not like it's illegal. the trails aren't closed (although, i think they should be)... and there's no signage... soooo...

aside from saying "hey... maybe reconsider riding here and come on out to help us with TM" what can you do? if you leave snarky messages on her IG, you come across as holier than thou and a bit stalkerish.
True, but @GHM73 post was flagged, which is BS....
"OK so I wasn't going to do this. I try to be nice. Try to take the high road. But this ticked me off. Here is the story.

As we know, we see people posting pics on the SocMeds that they "rode SixMile in the mud and had so much fun." So I see one of these posts recently (within the past couple of weeks), and I commented in the NICEST way humanly possible. Seriously. I was like "Hey we love that you love Sixmile, but please note for future reference that riding in the mud actually causes damage, etc., blah, blah nice words, please and thank you, more nice words, etc." I was OVERLY nice. Well she DELETED my comment and flagged it as "abuse!"

So here it is. Her awesome post in all its glory. SHAME. ON. YOU. RACHEL. Since you're #suchaham, I'm sure you'll appreciate the humor
. "

If you tag a location, and # it for others with similar interests to find, fair game for constructive criticism, as was Glenn's comment.

You're 100% correct, it's not illegal, and the trails aren't closed, but you gotta own up to it and take the "Awesome ride!!" comments along with "Hey, please try to not ride the mud" comments.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
ok... so i don't want to defend her or anything because i don't think it's cool she's riding 6 mile in those conditions...

BUT

The internet isn't normal conversation where you can sound reasonable. The context of it is awesome to ride in mud, look at how awesome i am, I am laying in it! is grounds for snarky comments. That being said, she may just be dumb uninformed, hence why my comment was civil.

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
hey guys... i agree with you... public IG account, tagged six mile, etc etc...

and i read a couple of additional comments that were posted on her IG (about jorba, TM, ride elsewhere in mud) but i hope you can see how this could get out of hand real quick...

and i REALLY REALLY don't want to defend her, but as uncool as it was, it's not illegal to ride in the mud there.

The Kalmyk

and i REALLY REALLY don't want to defend her, but as uncool as it was, it's not illegal to ride in the mud there.

Undoubtedly correct here. So since you continue to highlight the "not illegal" status of riding in mud. I have a a few questions. What would get this amended? What are the variables that need to be consider for this to be a law? Must be black and white knowing that laws are not known for their platicisty.

I guess my real point being is to deflate the illegal arguement. It's a loss for us so let's not highlight that fact . "Us" being trail users.

What you are saying can easily be interpreted as "go ahead ride cause it's not illegal". I'd rather talk the sustainability point and hard work it takes to maintain the trails.

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Undoubtedly correct here. So since you continue to highlight the "not illegal" status of riding in mud. I have a a few questions. What would get this amended? What are the variables that need to be consider for this to be a law? Must be black and white knowing that laws are not known for their platicisty.

I guess my real point being is to deflate the illegal arguement. It's a loss for us so let's not highlight that fact . "Us" being trail users.

well... places like Nox close trails... what do they do? do they go out and enforce the closures? who enforces it and how do they do it? how do we do that here?

i really don't know. i would like to just say we should rely on common sense, but we can't obviously.

The Kalmyk

i would like to just say we should rely on common sense, but we can't obviously.

Common sense- that's a stumbling point.

Who knows- was there a strong backer to trail closure policy 40 years ago in Pennsylvania? I would guess its an extremely low priority in NJ. So redirecting the argument away from legal rights is in our best interest.

We could cross pollinate our arguement into "environmental" or "wilderness" to get some ears. We may lose complete access though.

Last edited:

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Ever feel like you're in a really TV show?

I do.

We're all pretty much on the same page... yet we're sort of not quite arguing... posturing maybe? That's not right either... but you get my meeting.

Does anyone remember the holy hell the electrician caught for a certain post ride photo? I think we ALL (male and female alike) have shown a fair amount of restraint here.

It's too damn nice out.... I think it's time to let this one go. We tried, now it's time to get outside for a mental health booster. :)

The Kalmyk

Ever feel like you're in a really TV show?

I do.

We're all pretty much on the same page... yet we're sort of not quite arguing... posturing maybe? That's not right either... but you get my meeting.

Does anyone remember the holy hell the electrician caught for a certain post ride photo? I think we ALL (male and female alike) have shown a fair amount of restraint here.

It's too damn nice out.... I think it's time to let this one go. We tried, now it's time to get outside for a mental health booster. :)

Momento mori Dan:cool:

rlb

If someone is talking loudly on their phone in a restaurant, and someone politely asks them to quiet down, they typically do. Most of the time the person is unaware that they're being disruptive. However, you get the occasional person who chooses to ignore the constructive criticism and carry on with their obtrusive behavior. That makes them an asshole. Point being, you're unlikely to change them.

People did their part by letting her know. If she chooses to simply delete the comments because she really wants that picture to stay up there, and she really thinks it looks cool, that makes her an asshole. Which isn't illegal :confused:

ktmrider

If someone is talking loudly on their phone in a restaurant, and someone politely asks them to quiet down, they typically do. Most of the time the person is unaware that they're being disruptive. However, you get the occasional person who chooses to ignore the constructive criticism and carry on with their obtrusive behavior. That makes them an asshole. Point being, you're unlikely to change them.

People did their part by letting her know. If she chooses to simply delete the comments because she really wants that picture to stay up there, and she really thinks it looks cool, that makes her an asshole. Which isn't illegal :confused:

I agree Rob , IMO if someone acts like a A-hole then they should be treated like one . End of story .

Arwen's Mom

Mother of Dragons, Breaker of Chains
First,
There are signs at 6M, at least at 2 of the entrances.
As for some of the other comments made here, I am not tactful or mature enough to be polite, or pretty/sexy enough to get away with stating my true feelings.

Top Bottom