Six Mile map update

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Help me out... grid B/2 dotted trail goes to the left of red. The one on Canal rd that used to have the huge puddle.
That is not a official trail? We always use that to get the full loop effect.

The park closed that trail without blocking it a few years back. There is a discussion on here where the concerns of the park are outlined.
it really came down to the unsafe conditions along canal road, which are out of the park's control. It is still used on occasion, but shouldn't be.

Last edited:

rick81721

Lothar
deny, deny, deny.....worked for a-rod, and lance.

Why? What's the point of denying almost every mountain biker uses that trail? If the "powers that be" really have a problem, they can sit there on a weekend and count all the bikes coming off it. IMO just makes us look dishonest by denying it.

Patrick

Staff member
Why? What's the point of denying almost every mountain biker uses that trail? If the "powers that be" really have a problem, they can sit there on a weekend and count all the bikes coming off it. IMO just makes us look dishonest by denying it.

or just ban mountain biking.

serviceguy

deny, deny, deny.....worked for a-rod, and lance.

funny you mentioned lance, I watched a NG documentary on him yesterday. In the end it didn't really work, even though the crumbles he's left with a way more than I'll ever have!

Patrick

Staff member
funny you mentioned lance, I watched a NG documentary on him yesterday. In the end it didn't really work, even though the crumbles he's left with a way more than I'll ever have!

there is no facetious or flippant emoji....:D

Ian F

I still don't get the push against Red trail by the park. It's not like a couple of hundred yards on Canal Rd is any less safe than crossing South Middlebush... but if "don't ask, don't tell" works, that's fine.

rick81721

Lothar
I still don't get the push against Red trail by the park. It's not like a couple of hundred yards on Canal Rd is any less safe than crossing South Middlebush... but if "don't ask, don't tell" works, that's fine.

It's silly - either that section is an existential threat to mountain biking in the park or it's not. If it is, shut it down and create an alternative across the creek - or else just force everyone to ride the road from Jack's lot to the canal lot (which of course is far more road riding than previously).

Ian F

Well, if I won the lottery, I'd finance trail bridges over both the creek at Canal Rd and over South Middlebush...

Other than the fact I really like that section of Red Trail (it's arguably the most technical part of the park), a longer loop would be to take Red from Jacques Lane back to Blue and then back-track Blue. Not really any different than how I back-track Red and Orange from the 27 lot. I'll have to try that the next time I'm able to ride there.

rlb

Do those reroutes Jason was working on effect the map? Probably not but figured to ask. Nice work

Good question! If the new route is close to the old, not too much. But if it's a substantial change then I'd like to show it.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I’d like to have someone do a full loop with a garmin soon. Ideally with the data capture rate set to the highest rate so it shows the turns.

The 2 side trails I put in off of Jacques don’t really show and likely there are other small changes that might show up.

rlb

I’d like to have someone do a full loop with a garmin soon. Ideally with the data capture rate set to the highest rate so it shows the turns.

If we can get a few people that will help more. The GPS tracks will be +-30 feet so more data points = better results.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions