Sirius XM chatter

I think that autorenewal should be illegal across the board.

difficult situation - when they bill and the subscriber doesn't pay, and they shut the radio down - they start complaining about that.
this is why they will gladly work backwards a month with credit and move back to a promo plan. you can even do it using the touchtone
system - don't even need to talk to anyone.

also w/o auto renew, it would be more expensive because the process would be more expensive.
they adhere to each states laws on notifying the customer.

the forever auto renewal is definitely an issue, even when i call in for the special offers i end up stuck with it, have to remember to call in and 'cancel' to keep the deal price going (full price for XM is for chumps).
I don't need XM Sirius so I ended up not renewing after the free trial that came with the new to me car expired. Sorry @Patrick . I personally do not like the payment model that calls for you to actively and repeatedly seek a 'one off' deal that happens over and over again or even worse having to 'bully' the service provider into giving you a discounted rate, it reeks scam to me. Would it be too much asking for a fair, sustainable fee that was also easy to cancel if necessary? Apparently so...

I don't need XM Sirius so I ended up not renewing after the free trial that came with the new to me car expired. Sorry @Patrick . I personally do not like the payment model that calls for you to actively and repeatedly seek a 'one off' deal that happens over and over again or even worse having to 'bully' the service provider into giving you a discounted rate, it reeks scam to me. Would it be too much asking for a fair, sustainable fee that was also easy to cancel if necessary? Apparently so...

i generally agree, but i spend (spent) enough time in the car that it was nice to have clear radio all the time no matter where i was driving.

i understand - you do it with the cable co tho.

what the hell? did you all get on reddit and complain too?
That just cost me a new switchblade.

1611865701798.png

i generally agree, but i spend (spent) enough time in the car that it was nice to have clear radio all the time no matter where i was driving.
Unless you drive under a bridge, stop under a canopy to buy gas, go into a parking garage, etc...

I always get an email and snail mail that my renewal is coming up.

I feel your pain on paying $500 for something you never used, but in this case I think it's unfair to pile on Sirius, it's hard to say that they did something wrong.
I personally enjoy Sirius, I enjoy always being able to get in the car wherever I am and be able to tune in, I also enjoy some of the on demand shows that they have, I listen to those at home via the app.
But I do agree that it sucks that you have to call every year to fight about the rates...

Unless you drive under a bridge, stop under a canopy to buy gas, go into a parking garage, etc...

I always get an email and snail mail that my renewal is coming up.

terrestrial radio doesn't work great in those situations either.

I use to listen to Howard everyday, but it seems his show is now political talk, almost non-stop. Add to this the program hosts on the channels I listen too are constantly selling something or talking.....hush up already.

I canceled my subscription, but drive a lot. Some of which are 1200 mile pulls. After a few months I resigned at the cheap rate. It is a deent product around $5-$8 a month, but not sure after that.

A lot of the music is the same on repeat, I notice this real quick on 900 mile days.

The disc jockey personalities get annoying, I wish they would just stop talking since I am paying money for radio.

Maybe I am just grumpy (I am). I used to prefer Sirius to any other media, not so much anymore.

It is the bees knees when you are in the desert and the only other options are the 4H radio station or the Indian Reservation

the forever auto renewal is definitely an issue, even when i call in for the special offers i end up stuck with it, have to remember to call in and 'cancel' to keep the deal price going (full price for XM is for chumps). They also dont remind you that the next payment is coming (that got me the first time). However you should be checking your credit card/bank statements and seen the extraneous charge that you didnt authorize and call in to the cc company or sirius about it. I get that in an accident alot is going on and alot to deal with, it can slip through the cracks, but you said it has been 2 years, 2 months youd have a case IMO, 2 years is a LONG time

Yeah well like I said it's the one credit card we never use so I don't bother to look at the statements. Also I wasn't sure if it was for my son's car that we got around the same time - just confirmed that he only had a trial subscription when we bought the car and never renewed it.

Let's see what they do - at least a full credit on the current (last) subscription or else I notify thousands of neighbors via nextdoor of this scam. Geezers love to get worked up over scams! :D

Last edited:
I use to listen to Howard everyday, but it seems his show is now political talk, almost non-stop. Add to this the program hosts on the channels I listen too are constantly selling something or talking.....hush up already.

I canceled my subscription, but drive a lot. Some of which are 1200 mile pulls. After a few months I resigned at the cheap rate. It is a deent product around $5-$8 a month, but not sure after that.

A lot of the music is the same on repeat, I notice this real quick on 900 mile days.

The disc jockey personalities get annoying, I wish they would just stop talking since I am paying money for radio.

Maybe I am just grumpy (I am). I used to prefer Sirius to any other media, not so much anymore.

It is the bees knees when you are in the desert and the only other options are the 4H radio station or the Indian Reservation

Yeah I never listen to it in my car - we only have it in wifey's because she likes to listen to the comedy channels. I use my iPod for music in the mustang, that's it.

I switch between Pandora and 34 GB of MP3s on my phone; the Sprinter and H's CR-V came with XM, but we have never used it in either.

interesting that i dont get it, i do however get the email and mailings that im expired and eligible for a promo rate to come back :rolleyes:

The mail does look like an advertisement with all the channel listings. Open it up and it's got all the account renewal information inside.

I don't. I guess I'm loosing money? I may have just found I job for my wife...

you are saving time.
you may be on to something, the time she's going to spend looking for a discount from Optimum means less time looking for a dog...she's got a short fuse too, so chances of being banned from the only cable provider in my area are looking pretty good. I came to the conclusion that not having internet at home is the only path to sanity a long time ago, but I will never be able to cut the cord on my own volition...

Back
Top Bottom