Serviceguy's angst...or how I cope with life by cobbling bikes (not a thread about pizza).

serviceguy

rick81721

Lothar
Thanks. I'm hoping to ride as soon as I show negative on the rapid test. I did not really experience any body ache flu-like symptoms at all, unlike my wife as of yesterday.

Eh I rode by myself when I was still testing positive. You will continue to test positive for quite some time (I was still pos 10 days after first testing pos) if you are using a sensitive test and follow the directions exactly.

serviceguy

Eh I rode by myself when I was still testing positive. You will continue to test positive if you are using a sensitive test and follow the directions exactly for quite some time.
what is that you call a sensitive test? Is there any final notion of when you are no longer contagious? Sorry but I have more chances to understand what a SAP consultant says than what the CDC guidelines are...

rick81721

Lothar
what is that you call a sensitive test? Is there any final notion of when you are no longer contagious?

I don't know which ones are more accurate, maybe the one I was using was on the high end of the spectrum. From what I've read, most are no longer contagious 5-6 days after first testing pos.

serviceguy

I don't know which ones are more accurate, maybe the one I was using was on the high end of the spectrum. From what I've read, most are no longer contagious 5-6 days after first testing pos.
I'm going to resume testing tomorrow, maybe I'll get a PCR test at the end of the week. The tests I've used so far were $9.9 at CVS so I doubt they were much accurate.

rick81721

Lothar
I'm going to resume testing tomorrow, maybe I'll get a PCR test at the end of the week. The tests I've used so far were $9.9 at CVS so I doubt they were much accurate.

I wouldn't bother with PCR - that is even more sensitive, plus you wait 2 days for results. When did you first test positive? If your symptoms are pretty much gone and it's been at least 6 days, don't worry about it.

mtbiker87

Glad to hear you are both feeling better ! I never tested positive for Covid, but after the PJ H2H in the spring I was sicker than hell for about a month. Wife as well. Kids were luckily fine. Felt like every Covid symptom at once, but never tested positive. Was off the bike for at least three weeks after, and I still don't feel as strong as I had been. So I'm not sure I trust the accuracy of any of the tests.

BPaze

Glad to hear you are both feeling better ! I never tested positive for Covid, but after the PJ H2H in the spring I was sicker than hell for about a month. Wife as well. Kids were luckily fine. Felt like every Covid symptom at once, but never tested positive. Was off the bike for at least three weeks after, and I still don't feel as strong as I had been. So I'm not sure I trust the accuracy of any of the tests.
This may have been the flu I know a lot of people that got that worse than COVID around this time. There was another cold that was going around that people didn't test positive for Flu or Covid as well. Was a rough spring.

Eh I rode by myself when I was still testing positive. You will continue to test positive for quite some time (I was still pos 10 days after first testing pos) if you are using a sensitive test and follow the directions exactly.
I was negative within a week and probably sooner but didn't test sooner. I did have a fairly mild case and felt like I was pretty much over it after 2 days and just had another 2 days for the congestion to clear up.

serviceguy

If you have ac in there... might not be a terrible thing. You can complete the honzo
It’s broken since when we bought the house
Hoping you and your wife get through this quickly.
thank you Ellen. I kept obsessing over maybe having been too close to the van and have passed it on to you. I wasn’t aware of it when we met last Thursday, I started being sick that very night!

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
It’s broken since when we bought the house

thank you Ellen. I kept obsessing over maybe having been too close to the van and have passed it on to you. I wasn’t aware of it when we met last Thursday, I started being sick that very night!
It's funny how you mind works. I think we were far enough away and outside. If I have it, I have no symptoms. I was't going to bother with a test until I had any symptoms for 24 hours, or certain of prolonged or indoor exposure.

serviceguy

It's funny how you mind works. I think we were far enough away and outside. If I have it, I have no symptoms. I was't going to bother with a test until I had any symptoms for 24 hours, or certain of prolonged or indoor exposure.
I texted Art to let you guys know the next day as soon as I was aware of it, I'm a strong believer in better safe than sorry. I think that if you had it it would have shown by now. Seems pretty mild all things considered.

Top Bottom