Seat rails

Frank

Sasquatch
I'm pretty sure the saddle is toast, but it is not old and I like it. Somehow the saddle rails got bent :hmmm: and the seat is cocked to one side. Has anyone had any luck straighteneing a bent seat rail, and if so how did you do it??
Thanks

I'm pretty sure the saddle is toast, but it is not old and I like it. Somehow the saddle rails got bent :hmmm: and the seat is cocked to one side. Has anyone had any luck straighteneing a bent seat rail, and if so how did you do it??
Thanks

Once bent, done..... :(

You could bend it back, but its going to bend again.

I take a guess WTB silverado, and if so send to WTB and they will replace once. It will bend again unless you can get hold of a p6 syntace seat post. I bent two already problem is I really like this saddle and don't have a p6 yet...

Once bent, done..... :(

You could bend it back, but its going to bend again.

Pretty much what I thought, but I had to ask.

Especially once it's bent by a Wookie....the rails will never be the same :(

Actually...my bike, but not by me.

I take a guess WTB silverado, and if so send to WTB and they will replace once. It will bend again unless you can get hold of a p6 syntace seat post. I bent two already problem is I really like this saddle and don't have a p6 yet...

Close Matty, WTB Pure V.....almost new, low miles, only ridden to church on Sundays. :(
I wonder if WTB will do it on this saddle. :hmmm:

Bend the other one to match so at least it's even;)

All of my seats have a bent rail on the right side, I've just built it into my pedal stroke at this point:popcorn:

-Jim.

i have a silverado and was able to bend it back by taking it apart and and sending it to my dads friend who is a medal worker and did a heat treatment to it. surprisingly the markings on the rails didnt even come off and it is strong as anything.

It is not likely that you could bend it back.

FYI to all: When shopping for a seat post, look for one that has a wide clamp to hold the rails. It is much harder to bend the saddle rails when the clamp that holds them is wider (from front to back along the saddle rails).

Look closely at the areas of these posts that clamp to the saddle rails. The first one is tiny and is more likely to result in a bent rail.
http://velonews.competitor.com/2009...e-to-provide-better-vertical-compliance_94326

Wider is better:
http://www.lhthomson.com/elite_features.htm

It is not likely that you could bend it back.

FYI to all: When shopping for a seat post, look for one that has a wide clamp to hold the rails. It is much harder to bend the saddle rails when the clamp that holds them is wider (from front to back along the saddle rails).

Look closely at the areas of these posts that clamp to the saddle rails. The first one is tiny and is more likely to result in a bent rail.
http://velonews.competitor.com/2009...e-to-provide-better-vertical-compliance_94326

Wider is better:
http://www.lhthomson.com/elite_features.htm

Makes total sense Ben. The post that held this seat is a USE post that has 2 narrow upper clamps and a narrow U-shaped piece of aluminum. Looks like it will always bend rails....time to get a Thomson post.

Ive heard WTB has good customer service. Call them up and see if they will take care of you.

Makes total sense Ben. The post that held this seat is a USE post that has 2 narrow upper clamps and a narrow U-shaped piece of aluminum. Looks like it will always bend rails....time to get a Thomson post.

this is why I said syntace p6 lower craddle is lager then thomson and is a very good post at that with a price tag at CCR for 35 bucks for AL post IIRC.

this is why I said syntace p6 lower craddle is lager then thomson and is a very good post at that with a price tag at CCR for 35 bucks for AL post IIRC.

Thanks Matty, I was distracted by your WTB saddle guess. I looked into the post you recommended but they don't have a 26.8 that I need for my Redline. I hate non-standard sizes.:(

The sucky thing is that I love the USE post, it has a little bit of travel that takes the sharp edges off. I've had that post on 3 bikes and this is the first saddle that it ate. I will contact WTB and see if I can get the rails replaced, but in the end it will be cheaper to just buy a new one.

I'm still gonna try to fix the old one. :D

Back
Top Bottom