Science is looking up

Does anyone else think it's funny that rick complains constantly about stinking jersey yet buys a place in Florida filled with nj and ny complaining snobs. Look I admit I would like an exit from nj too but it will be west or north not bum fuck flatsville. No offense Rick :)

PS don't tell Kev but we might maintain a presence in snj for the summers.

where will you be for the 8/21 eclipse?
family is thinking to take a drive down towards the Tentucky area for the action

I will in the Outer Banks, so if you are outside the shadow area, you will just see a partial blockage or none at all?

I will in the Outer Banks, so if you are outside the shadow area, you will just see a partial blockage or none at all?
partial
aHR0cDovL3d3dy5zcGFjZS5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2kvMDAwLzA2MC85NDAvb3JpZ2luYWwvMjAxN19zb2xhcl9lY2xpcHNlX3VzX21hcC5qcGc=

Hotel reserved for sunday night in Flowery Branch, Georgia. Sounds like hick city. Then 2.5 hr drive to the national forest. Latest weather forecast looks a little more gloomy but still a ways out.

@rick81721 I haven't read this whole thread, but did you get the eclipse glasses? I think I read somewhere that you can also use welding shield:)

I have a solar filter from my telescope that I'll use for photos but yeah picked up the glasses at Lowe's. During the 2+ min of totality you can watch wth naked eyes.

Dud, especially with the moon. I saw one stinkin fireball in about 1 hr of watching the last 2 early mornings.

i was outside around 10:00 before the moon rose. Didn't see anything impressive, just some small stuff, about 1 every 2 minutes.
looking towards Cassiopeia.

it killed me that i was in the desert southwest, and couldn't star gaze because of the full moon. Also went to flagstaff, specifically to
go to the lowell observatory, and there were thunderstorms. Happens, reason to go back!

If anyone wants to join us, my plan right now is mountain biking in Seneca, SC to see the eclipse. :)

Back
Top Bottom