Salsa Mukluk Rear Hub / Freehub...are these teeth shot?

Is there any specific reason to run Roval rather than DT Swiss ? Since I believe DT Swiss makes them, are they any different/better that the DT Swiss branded one?

The Rovals are less expensive than the DT branded ones. And they're not the same, only the hubs are DT on the carbon wheels. Specialized uses their own rim profiles and manufacturer. We do plenty of both, each application has a different answer. Roval lost a ton of market share this year by making the new road wheelsets tubed. (Which is why all my wheels are old except the ControlSLs) I had the RapideCLXs for a month and immediately sold them. They are not good.

The Rovals are less expensive than the DT branded ones. And they're not the same, only the hubs are DT on the carbon wheels. Specialized uses their own rim profiles and manufacturer. We do plenty of both, each application has a different answer. Roval lost a ton of market share this year by making the new road wheelsets tubed. (Which is why all my wheels are old except the ControlSLs) I had the RapideCLXs for a month and immediately sold them. They are not good.
Curious, why in the world would they make the rims tubed? Unless they use hookless or something, otherwise you could just run the tubeless rims with a tube? Seems like I am missing something...

And @Patrick, I know this is alittle expensive for you, but.....

Curious, why in the world would they make the rims tubed? Unless they use hookless or something, otherwise you could just run the tubeless rims with a tube? Seems like I am missing something...

would break in 1 year. even with my minimal whatage (sic)
thus doubling everything else. that is why i keep a $X,XXX spare wheelset sitting around.
(and there in lies the conundrum of me)

Weight. The reinforcement to make a rim Tubeless is...ready for it? 19 grams heavier. Whoever would choose 19 grams over Tubeless shouldn't be allowed to vote. Or have children. Or be allowed in public.

would break in 1 year. even with my minimal whatage (sic)
thus doubling everything else. that is why i keep a $X,XXX spare wheelset sitting around.
(and there in lies the conundrum of me)
Yeah, but one year of use is like 10 years of riding with the hours you are dropping (this isnt a dig, just math).

Not sure why you need a spare wheelset, like whats the difference if you down a week or two?

Yeah, but one year of use is like 10 years of riding with the hours you are dropping (this isnt a dig, just math).

Not sure why you need a spare wheelset, like whats the difference if you down a week or two?

i could always go for a run.

Back
Top Bottom