Sad news

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
I missed this thread yesterday as I once again worked late, got 20 minutes with my kid, worked out, ate dinner and crashed. It's a routine of sorts.

Eddie Jones was a cool mod. Smart, very knowledgeable, and although I NEVER frequented the politics forum, his posts regularly spilled into Wheels and Tires, Saving Weight and other forums I read -- I've learned some things from him. Cooler than Shiggy I'll say that much.

I didn't like Keefe's posts on riding wet trails on MTBR, but I thought this was a cool thread and am surprised at the backlash. 8 posts, 800 posts, whatever. If you don't like the thread, don't post in it. 60 replies equals interest in my book.

Shaggz

A strong 7
it's funny. i was going to post something to the fact that it has been quiet around here with norm on vacation.

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep

4 Hours Ago #1
EDDIE JONES
The water's fine

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is with a heavy heart that I tender my resignation as supermoderator of MTBR....When I started my new obsession 7 years ago (mountain biking) I got into it totally...I often came to MTBR to read info on the best bikes and parts and to join other riders in what I considered to be a vibrant, healthy, cycling community....And it was while here that I was entrusted with the position of Super Moderator, a job, although totally voluntary, I truly enjoyed doing. I volunteered to be the Moderator of F88, the red headed children of MTBR. It was a collection of some of the smartest, wittiest, most humorous, sarcastic people that I have run across in years and I had many a fun discussion with them...Unfortunately, things had happened before my time that continued to simmer. Old resentments that bubbled to the surface from time to time....There was an innocuous thread in a post long ago that a bike retailer took offense to and started a war of words with f88. Kinda like coming to a gunfight armed only with a knife...After numerous threats and bannings, search function was removed from f88 and bannings were issued. Resentments simmered. In that time, I became quite fond of the irreverent personalities in f88 and have planned rides with them and moderated the forum and kept it in line as good as I could...Then this retailer had a problem that, while minor, was a problem nonetheless. It was posted in f88 then the trouble started. While at first denying the problem, when it became obvious that the problem would not just disappear, only then was the problem acknowledged and a solution sought and offered. Again, if the post had not been made in f88, the problem would not have been found. After complaints were made, threads were sanitized or deleted and bannings issued...some for nothing other than questioning the attempt to cover up the problem...some only made suggestions on supply side management. The bannings, IMHO, were not fair and it is out of protest that I resign....I have tremendous respect for the other mods and super mods on this site and feel that if opinions and discussion were quelled on their forums, they to would come to the defense of their respective forum....It is a matter of credibility, and credibility and truth mean a lot to me. I hope the bike retailer is proud of himself...he has done what no one thought could be done...destroyed the spirit of an entire site...Some of you may not have liked f88 and some of you may not have posted in f88. But when this kind of thing happens in your forums, think of it this way

When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.

When they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the Jews,
I remained silent;
I wasn't a Jew.

When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out.

xc62701

So when's the next mtbnj gathering? It's starting to get warm out. Shouldn't we be planning something? :D

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
chrisg looks more like a greatful dead guy to me.

zoller...um...well...nacho libre? :D

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
I grew up surrounded by Deadheads, so I heard a lot of the Dead, but never really got into them hardcore.

Iron Maiden, on the other hand, pretty much took over my life for a number of years (1983-87 or so) after I got into them.:getsome:

TommyCrash

I wanna go, I wanna go, Mommy......Pleazzzzzz!!:argue: I have a Number of the Beast concert shirt form 1982. It only comes out when I go to Maiden shows. Its a 3/4 length sleeve. I get compliments when I go. It also dates me big time...as well as...posting on this topic and my '82 Camaro Z28 and...... God I love the '80's! Have a great time and 'Up the Irons!'

elzoller

El Guac-Oh

zoller...um...well...nacho libre? :D

I wonder why?????

nacho.jpg

bikeboy566

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
I grew up surrounded by Deadheads, so I heard a lot of the Dead, but never really got into them hardcore.

Iron Maiden, on the other hand, pretty much took over my life for a number of years (1983-87 or so) after I got into them.:getsome:

Saw Maiden Fri. good show better than last year as for Chris G hes a metal head through and through ask him about he and i blasting Maiden up at Bucknell in 07 good stuff .... UP THE IRONS!!!!!!

Top Bottom