sacrifice norm?

sacrifice norm to the weather gods?

• yes

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • only if he causes bad weather this weekend.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • no, but he should be at least flogged.

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters

anrothar

entirely thrilled
to the various weather gods? including, but not limited to: the christian/jewish/muslim god, rlaloc, ambisagrus, tiranus, tefnut, pikne, zues, tenia, indra, illapa, hadad, thor, anitun tabu, tawhiri matea, jupiter, susanoo, taka-okami, podaga, haddu, etc.

he's gotten on the bad side of one or more of them, so to play it safe, i think we should cover all of our bases. how should we do it?

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i voted for a good flogging...mostly b/c the only god i knew that you mentioned (other than the christian/jewish/muslim one) was thor. those other guys sound kinda scary. unless they are pagan in which case i'll change my vote immediately.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Bah, gods! I say flogging because I need to do something with the tassles and pumps and so on.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
jake, pagan implies simply not christian/jewish/muslim. basically polytheistic or 'spiritual'. so, all of those other gods mentioned are pagan, and are all god's that control the weather or storms, in their respective cultures. i found the list on wikipedia.

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
jake, pagan implies simply not christian/jewish/muslim. basically polytheistic or 'spiritual'. so, all of those other gods mentioned are pagan, and are all god's that control the weather or storms, in their respective cultures. i found the list on wikipedia.

my understanding has always been that 'pagan' implied more of a connection to nature and less to a 'guy in the sky'. many, many environmentalists (myself included) believe that the core of our destructive nature is due to the fact that christianity relived people of the guilt and responsibility they ultimately felt toward nature in general thus allowing us to exploit our resources without remorse. when there is nothing sacred in the trees, why bother?

ArmyOfNone

hmm...interesting stuff. I just learned a bit there. Thanks

NOW WHAT ABOUT NORM!:getsome: :getsome: :getsome:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
my understanding has always been that 'pagan' implied more of a connection to nature and less to a 'guy in the sky'. many, many environmentalists (myself included) believe that the core of our destructive nature is due to the fact that christianity relived people of the guilt and responsibility they ultimately felt toward nature in general thus allowing us to exploit our resources without remorse. when there is nothing sacred in the trees, why bother?

Just when I thought you were a total baboon you break out this little nugget. Nice. This with your Jitterbug Perfume reference makes me wonder who the real Jake is. I guess this just shows we should always take what we read on the Internet with a grain of salt because it's not like you really know someone by a few internet words.

Hell damn fart.

gosh, didnt you guys see the old dan akroid movie "dragnet"??

pagan means "People Against Good And Normalcy"

You suck that you beat me to it. I was going to say the same but then I saw your post. Anyone ever been to Mount Fuji just north of North Jersey, up 287 right into NY? The main gate reminds me of the Dragnet Pagan stuff.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Wait a second, this from a guy who drives around in a jeep that gets what 9 miles to the gallon and enjoys running over bushes trees and plants with said jeep.

This is a Jeep that mostly doesn't start, so he's all good with the gas consumption.

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Just when I thought you were a total baboon you break out this little nugget. Nice. This with your Jitterbug Perfume reference makes me wonder who the real Jake is. I guess this just shows we should always take what we read on the Internet with a grain of salt because it's not like you really know someone by a few internet words.

thanks...i think? :D

Wait a second, this from a guy who drives around in a jeep that gets what 9 miles to the gallon and enjoys running over bushes trees and plants with said jeep. Not to mention the oil I am sure you have leaked out in the woods.

i don't do that anymore. not out of environmental concerns, but cash concerns (breaking cars is EXPENSIVE!). plus there is really no where in NJ other than the pines to "legally" wheel. i never blew up anything in the woods so i'm guilt free about trail oil spills.

This is a Jeep that mostly doesn't start, so he's all good with the gas consumption.

hmm. good point. i shall have to remedy that in the next month or so.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
jake, get a hunting liscence and i think it's legal to drive on wma trails during hunting season. it just has to be for 'hunting purposes'. i think...

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
maybe, but i truly have no desire to drive my scrambler in the woods. i hope it will reach "street queen" or "mall crawler" status this year.

btw, it looks like norm is going to live as noaa.org has changed the 'snow and pending doom' forecast for every day this weekend to "just cold enough not to be nice, but sunny"

Top Bottom