Route Suggestions

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thanks - attached to the custom maps thread. If I put it here it will just get lost in a few days.

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
Try this one on for size...I couldn't get the aspect ratios to line up exactly, but you can sure as heck tell what trails it is on.

You could probably overlay any MD gps track on this....

Attachments

• Md_MapOverlay.kmz
    16.8 KB · Views: 224

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd

Not quite. The WMA loop goes farther west...if you take the route plotted, you'll get blocked at a swamp--but you'd figure that out quick :)

The 3-stone stuff tight single track isn't on the map....so you're missing that.

In the NE part of the park, the route posted takes green after Cascade...yours takes a loop farther east--which is also a good run.

Check my last post...you can easily see the deltas...

idbrian

Crotch Rot
I don't have a program to open that.

I have never seen the WMA trails you speak of then. I have gotten lost out by that swamp too. The only cool WMA trail i've been on is the singletrack diagonal from Saffin Pond; the one that your trail description comes back from the WMA on.

As far as the green trail back, that whole area of trails is pretty cool, and follows back to the rail trail.

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
I don't have a program to open that.

I have never seen the WMA trails you speak of then. I have gotten lost out by that swamp too. The only cool WMA trail i've been on is the singletrack diagonal from Saffin Pond; the one that your trail description comes back from the WMA on.

As far as the green trail back, that whole area of trails is pretty cool, and follows back to the rail trail.

You can open it with google earth; it is free.

I've attached a screen shot if you don't wanna' install GE on your computer.

The WMA route has some rocky climbs, but for the most part is rolling double track. I ride it to escape the rock gardens for a bit, yet avoid the gravel/rail bed/etc. It is single track from the radio tower at the top of Pascoe road back to Saffin...all of which is pretty good.

Attachments

• giSnap.jpg
    giSnap.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 220

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
Messed around...got the aspect ratios closer on this version...

Attachments

• Md_MapOverlay.kmz
    16.8 KB · Views: 236

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
that is REALLY freakin' cool. techno-timmy strikes again!!

Thanks. I gotta' get the tech out of my system somehow....'just wait 'til you see what I have in store for ya' after work dies down and I have a little more time...heh, heh, heh, heh....

P.S. The cool thing is that you can open any other kmz/kml file of Mahlon on top of that and it should line up pretty well too...

idbrian

Crotch Rot
That came out pretty good.

So you actually loop way around that pond out in WMA? Looks like it goes by the base of the old ski hill. Cool.

Will try that next time i'm out there.

Last edited:

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
That came out pretty good.

So you actually loop way around that pond out in WMA? Looks like it goes by the base of the old ski hill. Cool.

Will try that next time i'm out there.

Yep. The "berm corner" I spoke of in my loooooong post is the corner, that if you take it, will put you at the swamp. If you go up and over the berm (straight), you can continue around the west side of the pond/lake/swap/whatever....

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions