Rocks to Roll

That is insanity
I've taken my CX bike on some tame trails at HM and Cunningham and any time trail points down that is remotely steep, I was grabbing on to the brakes for dear life. These are areas where you would just bomb down on an mtb.

That is insanity
funny, I was talking to him about that video the other day and I said the same thing to him...however, he said nobody cared about it....I guess its harder to convey the difficulty of that via chest cam if you havent ridden that trail before.

funny, I was talking to him about that video the other day and I said the same thing to him...however, he said nobody cared about it....I guess its harder to convey the difficulty of that via chest cam if you havent ridden that trail before.
It really doesn’t look like much in the video if you can’t recognize the features and remember the WTF feeling you get when you see them in person.

I just rode that and black magic Monday morning for the first time and getting that tire up with those drop bars and the seating position is just insane to me. It doesn't have a lot of climbing, but the upper body effort to repeatedly get up over and down all the features is insane when considering the drops. He is really an incredible rider. Also had tires slipping like crazy which is also impressive with any narrow tire on the gravel bike.

I just rode that and black magic Monday morning for the first time and getting that tire up with those drop bars and the seating position is just insane to me. It doesn't have a lot of climbing, but the upper body effort to repeatedly get up over and down all the features is insane when considering the drops. He is really an incredible rider. Also had tires slipping like crazy which is also impressive with any narrow tire on the gravel bike.
Oh hell ya...if you ever get a chance to ride with him, its always entertaining....and frustrating too bc I cant do it lol. What blows my mind most with jeff is that hes a really big guy, but he jumps like a gazelle. There is this spot he jumps on tiger blood...I can never find it bc it just looks like nothing...but somehow he hits it, goes up like 4' and lands somewhere else. Just silly.

Oh hell ya...if you ever get a chance to ride with him, its always entertaining....and frustrating too bc I cant do it lol. What blows my mind most with jeff is that hes a really big guy, but he jumps like a gazelle. There is this spot he jumps on tiger blood...I can never find it bc it just looks like nothing...but somehow he hits it, goes up like 4' and lands somewhere else. Just silly.
Unfortunately with my conditioning, I wouldn't see a thing as he would drop me in the first 100 ft LOL. That is also one of the most amazing things to me, I think he is like 6'4" and you would never be able to tell with the way he moves. I passed that one boulder he jumps up onto that has a small rock jump next to it and I just started laughing thinking WTF how is that possible

You are like a giant ball of silicone you will be fine

Is there one it might be comparable to like Warm Puppy or the big double rock roll at Stephens? Kinda curious I know you ride some technical stuff so if you are saying this it must be major and now I really want to see it and try it.
Where is that big double rock roll over at Stephen’s? There’s a one by the top of the Trestle Trail and one over by the rake am I missing another one?

Up at my parents, this roller is my nemesis. I was hoping to do it today but it was way too wet and slippery. Pictures don’t do it justice as usual, it’s 25-30 feet high and each photo shows what you can’t see in the other photo. You’re completely blind until half way down, and there’s a small gap you have to go over. I did hit a couple of off camber rollers that I had avoided in the past though.
3755488D-04F4-4C89-A6E4-0134BE421A87.jpeg
718289B3-7B15-4F2D-A810-DE118CB19886.jpeg

Up at my parents, this roller is my nemesis. I was hoping to do it today but it was way too wet and slippery. Pictures don’t do it justice as usual, it’s 25-30 feet high and each photo shows what you can’t see in the other photo. You’re completely blind until half way down, and there’s a small gap you have to go over. I did hit a couple of off camber rollers that I had avoided in the past though. View attachment 130911View attachment 130912
That looks awesome!

Up at my parents, this roller is my nemesis. I was hoping to do it today but it was way too wet and slippery. Pictures don’t do it justice as usual, it’s 25-30 feet high and each photo shows what you can’t see in the other photo. You’re completely blind until half way down, and there’s a small gap you have to go over. I did hit a couple of off camber rollers that I had avoided in the past though. View attachment 130911View attachment 130912
Is that Greenwood?

I think I rode at least 20 rollers yesterday. I rode this spot on Friday but it was too wet, yesterday it finally dried out.
B462F0E8-0408-4940-8736-D2ACE915096C.jpeg
7E6BB70D-ED38-45E0-A046-AB79ECC94650.jpeg
D8D57D96-2659-498E-8BC8-89A81F5C06A9.jpeg

We are forgetting the one at CR on blue -

Coming down from the TTF, there is a rock plate, then the dirt trail bed jogs to the right between the rocks.
Go straight over the rock, like you missed the turn - it is blind, and there is no "clue" that it is doable.
Perfect when riding with someone who doesn't know it is there - Let out a little "Oh Sh*t!" just before
going over the edge!

I can't find a pic. Maybe fun Monday will happen?

Back
Top Bottom