!!!! Roadie content !!!!

cat 4 is like this:

MeowMeowMeowMeow

And cat 5 is like this:

MeowMeowMeowMeowMeow

cat 3?

ACF8EB.jpg

Regarding fit, no matter how weird you might feel on the bike (stretched out or bent over (please be grown ups)), if after 40 or 50 miles of decent effort you don't hurt anywhere you're most likely all right.

Re: racing, I'm sandbagging in cat 4/5. How do you move up? The rulebooks are way confusing...

J I was looking at the arch cleat thing and while it seems cool on the road, how would that transpose on the MTB??

Cheers,

Maurice

Regarding fit, no matter how weird you might feel on the bike (stretched out or bent over (please be grown ups)), if after 40 or 50 miles of decent effort you don't hurt anywhere you're most likely all right.

Re: racing, I'm sandbagging in cat 4/5. How do you move up? The rulebooks are way confusing...

J I was looking at the arch cleat thing and while it seems cool on the road, how would that transpose on the MTB??

Cheers,

Maurice

I use them there too..
Well worth the effort. I have a neat tool that measures you forefoot Varus/Valgus.

j

10 races as a Cat 5 automatically qualifies you to be a Cat 4. You can upgrade sooner on points, but I'm not sure what the required quantity is. Upgrades are handled by a USAC rep, not sure who it is currently, maybe Paula Grill.

Road racing is way more complicated than mtb racing. The fittest guy in the race is often not the winner. Ridiculous amount of variables to contend with. Which is part of why it's so damn much fun.

Schedule is here: http://users.tellurian.net/jeanp/njba/

No way I'd race w/o getting some fast group ride experience first. As for a place to start, most local races are similar in being short and flat. The Velocity races in Marlton are on the State crit course, which is a nice safe closed circuit. A very good course for a first race.

That is the plan. The rutgers cycling team has some crit practice days during the week that im gonna start attending. There are also some rides outta cranbury im gonna try to make.

I feel i need to adjust my training. hopefully this will help

The rutgers cycling team has some crit practice days during the week that im gonna start attending.
Training races can be a really good way to check it out, as long as they're run with some thought and the "training" aspect isn't completely ignored. I cut my teeth in the training races at Fort Monmouth in the mid-90's and still remember things I picked up there.

Arcane rules !!!!

I showed up for my first road race on a hot July evening, wearing a sleeveless jersey, and was promptly told that I needed to wear a sleeved jersey or "no race". I managed to glom a full sleeved wool winter jersey out of someones truck and proceeded to nearly die from the heat. Those roadies are very "particular" with their rules.

I use them there too..
Well worth the effort. I have a neat tool that measures you forefoot Varus/Valgus.

j

Norm cracked me up :)

I did get a big tap on the head by the Chief Referee on Sunday but thankfully didn't get DSQ'ed. Good thing I was still wearing my helmet then.

J, I'm still skeptical about arch cleat and MTB. It may take a bit to get used to it wrt/ handling the bike in technical sections and such. Sounds like a great winter project.

Cheers,

Maurice

Back
Top Bottom