RIP NJ cyclist

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Kind of proves my point. I'm glad he took the time to research it. Too many of us would not.

I actually have had 2 Millennial cops not know that when you make a left turn onto a divided 4 lane highway, you turn into the fast lane then signal into the slow lane. I asked after I saw them not complying in marked patrol cars.

can you get a ticket for this? i feel like noone does it correctly, and i find myself hestitating at lights even if i have the green arrow to make sure the idiot turning right on red is going to stay in the right lane

(i once got hit by someone in this situation who tried to claim i cut him off, fortunately dash cam video showed i turned left into the left lane and it resolved itself)

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Since when do cops follow the rules of the road? I thought a badge was a ticket to drive like Max Rockatansky

That's the old days. Now with everyone having dash cameras, you're asking for trouble. I drive like an asshat in my own cars but in the company car I really do try to set an example.

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
can you get a ticket for this? i feel like noone does it correctly, and i find myself hestitating at lights even if i have the green arrow to make sure the idiot turning right on red is going to stay in the right lane

(i once got hit by someone in this situation who tried to claim i cut him off, fortunately dash cam video showed i turned left into the left lane and it resolved itself)

Absolutely. Failure to follow a marked turning course (some of the new intersections have the mini-dashes to the correct lane) 39:4-88B or plain old unsafe lane change 39:4-126. Take your pick. Oh, you want to be an asshole? Both of them.

shrpshtr325

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Absolutely. Failure to follow a marked turning course (some of the new intersections have the mini-dashes to the correct lane) 39:4-88B or plain old unsafe lane change 39:4-126. Take your pick. Oh, you want to be an asshole? Both of them.

actually a large percentage of them near me have the dashes showing how the lanes go, especially when there is more than 1 turning lane.

i really wish more cops would write up these violations as iv seen a TON of near misses caused by someone who is unable to complete a turn correctly.

Reactions: Tim

BPaze

actually a large percentage of them near me have the dashes showing how the lanes go, especially when there is more than 1 turning lane.

i really wish more cops would write up these violations as iv seen a TON of near misses caused by someone who is unable to complete a turn correctly.
There arent enough cops to write up all the traffic infractions which is why people drive like asshats. Only way you could to ticket them all is if 3/4 of the state was cops(dont forget all of the out of state idiots).

rick81721

Lothar
I filtered like a MOFO on today's ride at the intersection of 518 W and 206 in Rocky Hill. Apparently, some ass-clown in a Maserati SUV took great offense and on the other side of 206, gave me a full-throttle buzz-by. It was beautiful man

shrpshtr325

Team MTBNJ Halter's
There arent enough cops to write up all the traffic infractions which is why people drive like asshats. Only way you could to ticket them all is if 3/4 of the state was cops(dont forget all of the out of state idiots).

thats a sad truth which i often forget about . . . :'(

shrpshtr325

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Kind of proves my point. I'm glad he took the time to research it. Too many of us would not.

I actually have had 2 Millennial cops not know that when you make a left turn onto a divided 4 lane highway, you turn into the fast lane then signal into the slow lane. I asked after I saw them not complying in marked patrol cars.

soooo then this would be doing it wrong?

@fidodie

Ian F

soooo then this would be doing it wrong?

@fidodie

It depends on the intersection. It doesn't appear there are two left turn lanes, which is when maintaining your lane is important. For example, this intersection in PA near Newtown where there are two left turn-only lanes on the northbound 413 lanes onto the Newtown Bypass:

1544982001494.png

I ride through this intersection often as part of my usual road loop, crossing the bypass and heading into to town. I stay on the right side of the "thru" lane (the one with the 413 tags in it) and typically do lane filter here since there is a wide shoulder on the other side of the bypass.

shrpshtr325

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Does it matter at a red light intersection? I thought that only applied to a merge left into moving traffic

@Carson can correct me if im wrong, but YES because you can make a right turn on red at the same time if both turns are made correctly per the law.

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The GMC truck violated NJ law. Improper left turn or unsafe lane change.

Ian: It doesn't depend on the intersection in NJ. It may in the Commonwealth, but not here.

Top Bottom