Ringwood State Park Conditions

Went up from Ryerson with the savage beast A.K.A. Bailey L. and the trails seem to have dealt nicely with the rain of the last couple of days. Lots of bikers parked in the school parking lot, hopefully the trails will not get any damage, even though I think it would have been preferable to give another day. Lots of work done already on the new section too, you guys have definitely not been sitting on your hands @pixychick , I hope to be able and join you soon.

I am not sure who the self appointed trail steward is but most likely not appointed by park or a formal volunteer group. I ran into a Steward from the NYNJTC yesterday in lot C. He was out repairing sabotaged blazes and removing a bell from warm puppy. So TC blazes are being sabotaged as well. I have no idea who nailed a bell to a tree up at warm puppy, but it is hard to have influence on someone that is not part of a group. All official trail stewards both for JORBA and NYNJTC in RSP are supervised by Art and me, so I doubt they are sabotaging trails. It is most likely a a misguided user or crazy person. If you can get a name or photo, we can forward to park police.
^ THIS. Get a photo or a name. Down here in da south I know the county park (estelle) assigned an id card to volounteers that were trained so many hours by park staff. We had to go to the park staff after an overzealous volunteer was removing alot of the laurel we had a trail going through. Also got rid of the bmx crap kids were building there. If you go to rhe staff youll find more often than not its not their voulunteers but when it is they(staff) will put that volunteer on the right path. (Pun intended!)

Went up from Ryerson with the savage beast A.K.A. Bailey L. and the trails seem to have dealt nicely with the rain of the last couple of days. Lots of bikers parked in the school parking lot, hopefully the trails will not get any damage, even though I think it would have been preferable to give another day. Lots of work done already on the new section too, you guys have definitely not been sitting on your hands @pixychick , I hope to be able and join you soon.
Trails were amazing. The team does incredible work. Flow, water management, climbing challenge, amazing. So much terrain, no matter how packed Ryerson is, I can generally ride around the crowd.

Climbed up crossover trail from the direction of parking lot c after the last set of heavy rains….. the trails are dirt free, that is there is nothing but rocks left. On the bright side there will not be any gravel bikes on the trail.😀

We plan to move maintenance to crossover just above webly pond to re do some drainages and repair a turn. While we do NOT plan to remove all the rocks, if we find dirt, we may try to add some back just to hold the rocks in if needed.

We plan to move maintenance to crossover just above webly pond to re do some drainages and repair a turn. While we do NOT plan to remove all the rocks, if we find dirt, we may try to add some back just to hold the rocks in if needed.
Adding some dirt would be fantastic. Coming down that section towards Webly is teeth rattling. Going up is exhausting. 🥵

Tree down across the white crossover trail, heading toward the Botanical Garden. Not far from parking lot C. I marked it with a purple X on this map. It's a jumble of thick branches and ~24" trunk.

Screenshot 2023-07-26 at 10.24.45 AM.png

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions