Ringwood State Park Conditions

serviceguy

I would give it a few more days, some deep ruts in the new trail (held up pretty well for the most part) event though it’s the part of the park that dries faster and leaves have gone a long way in preventing erosion. Fire roads are a mess especially thanks to the omnipresent quad squad that left ruts measurable in feet rather than inches.
BAEE3641-A527-45A2-A80C-FDDC6130361F.jpeg

Last edited:

V-Dub

The Duck Pond loop will he closed from lot B down to the back entrance 2/6 to 2/28.
So lot C will be closed but all trails will be accessible from the other parking areas.
More info is supposed to be posted on the Ringwood State park FB.

serviceguy

The Duck Pond loop will he closed from lot B down to the back entrance 2/6 to 2/28.
So lot C will be closed but all trails will be accessible from the other parking areas.
More info is supposed to be posted on the Ringwood State park FB.
The Park FB page doesn't really mention the reason for it other than showing a map of the closed to the public area, any clues on what will be going on? Some movie being filmed? This is a major snag in my wife daily routine of walking the dog as well as my firewood harvesting plans :confused:

328464927_1644156379349540_5337117081382672039_n.jpg

Skunkape

Not the most reliable source, but I heard they’re filming for the new season of walking dead at the manor.

scott62

People love zombie movies just because they dream of shooting their neighbors in the face, or so I have read;)

Mr.Moto

Definitely filming a movie/series and according to law enforcement it’s a spin-off of TWD…Bailey also confirmed that zombies are in the area already!
View attachment 206649
Have friends that live right along the park. Being paid to cover windows for the filming period. I am assuming so no stray light can be seen. Going to be filming mostly at night for the Rick and Michonne Walking Dead spin off.

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
Rode this morning and bypassed the closed area. Conditions were excellent until mid day when some of the sun exposed areas were defrosting. Northern exposure trails were fine. Luckily no Zombies on Warm Puppy😁. Ringwood was really quiet. Almost dead.
A3677601-1DC7-49C1-B721-504E0E5BD897.png

Last edited:

serviceguy

Hiked the trail on Sunday, mostly Ringwood-Ramapo, Renegade, Erskine etc. and only found a wet spot on Renegade. Even where the trails appeared to have been blown the dirt seems to be holding pretty good. Not many riders, lots of ATVs on the fire roads, and they’re not worried at all to get caught.

sundaydoug

Hiked the trail on Sunday, mostly Ringwood-Ramapo, Renegade, Erskine etc. and only found a wet spot on Renegade. Even where the trails appeared to have been blown the dirt seems to be holding pretty good. Not many riders, lots of ATVs on the fire roads, and they’re not worried at all to get caught.
Rode from Ryerson for the first time in a year or two on Saturday. Few wet spots, but not bad at all.

Also my first time riding up the newish red-blaze singletrack close to the school. Nicely done, way better than slogging up that rocky fireroad.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Whos available 3:00pm week days show me a couple loops before i start exploring deeper. Hate stopping at every intersection to look at TF.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions