Ringwood State Park Conditions

**Rattlesnake Alert**-There is a rattlesnake(s) living in the log over/pile on Pierson Ridge (blue) near the intersection with Crossover (white). I went over the log this AM and heard something move so I stopped five feet past the log. Sure enough, I heard the rattle and the critter sounded pissed. Yikes!! Be very careful if you ride or walk that obstacle.

Last edited:
**Rattlesnake Alert**-There is a rattlesnake(s) living in the log over/pile on Pierson Ridge (blue) near the intersection with Crossover (white). I went over the log this AM and heard something move so I stopped five feet past the log. Sure enough, I heard the rattle and the critter sounded pissed. Yikes!! Be very careful if you ride or walk that obstacle.
Uh! You mean there? I got a wasp sting near there last year which made me cut the ride short due to the pain, a rattlesnake bike would probably really ruin my day...
PiersonxCrossover.JPG

Tree down about 100 yards into Race Trail just when you enter past the boat house. It’s a 24” stump- could probably use a small chainsaw.

What diameter? I can probably take care of it with my bigboy.
there was one down on catsnest / renegade last week. probably needs a chainsaw too. location is on the longer downhill close to the jumps before the gnarly rock garden.

381DFF5F-DD74-40C2-A270-DFBBFA9661D7.jpeg

It is a big help if you lean your bike up against log and take picture to post. This way we know what type of saw is needed. Thanks.

It is a big help if you lean your bike up against log and take picture to post. This way we know what type of saw is needed. Thanks.

Let's say all 4 were 12"-24". I was able to hop them all save for the first one on the race loop, which is about 2 minutes up from the gravel road. It's not big IIRC, just in a lousy spot.

I think. I'm getting old so my memory stinks.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions