Ringwood State Park Conditions

onetracker

If you’re willing to spend $300 and have a little down time there’s a guy down the shore that does amazing work with carbon. Let me know if you need any detail.
Swamp Ghost Carbon Repair. The repairs are solid, the finish/paint capabilities are more basic vs Califee/Ruckus (which he readily admits). Great value for $.

serviceguy

Swamp Ghost Carbon Repair. The repairs are solid, the finish/paint capabilities are more basic vs Califee/Ruckus (which he readily admits). Great value for $.
Yes, I had him fix my mukluk frame. The paint on the frame is impossible to match (matte yellow) so I just had it primed. Very happy with the result and he’s a nice guy to deal with.

onetracker

Yes, I had him fix my mukluk frame. The paint on the frame is impossible to match (matte yellow) so I just had it primed. Very happy with the result and he’s a nice guy to deal with.
He fixed a bike for me as well. Nice solid repair. Masking and overspray was evident but looks 8/10. Super nice Dude. Nice to not have to dissemble and ship.

Cassinonorth

Honestly shocked it's that cheap. Having that resource close by is super reassuring. Benefit to having an S-Works frame with raw carbon look too he wouldn't have to do much to match it.

serviceguy

Honestly shocked it's that cheap. Having that resource close by is super reassuring. Benefit to having an S-Works frame with raw carbon look too he wouldn't have to do much to match it.
Actually, I believe that a repair would be more obvious on a raw carbon fiber frame, it’s hard to match the correct weave and orientation of the cloth, not to mention the transition.

Cassinonorth

Actually, I believe that a repair would be more obvious on a raw carbon fiber frame, it’s hard to match the correct weave and orientation of the cloth, not to mention the transition.

It's like that though. Mixed patterns. You can kinda see it here:

Attachments

• IMG_20200708_071419.jpg
    IMG_20200708_071419.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 112

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Rode sunday and it was super dusty. Obviously not now. On Schoolhouse there was a tree down right on the big cool boulder roll than needs a chainsaw. Was a bummer.

serviceguy

Just finished hiking Race Trail from the White side, Skilands, Ramapo Knob and Warm Puppy. It's going to be in great condition tomorrow, still a few wet patches and soft dirt right now. Let's give it a day off! Tons of leaves on the trails so rocks and roots may not be obvious as usual. Wild turkeys are roaming. If you do the challenge make sure to start Skilands from the middle of the pipeline, TF puts the start of the trail right there.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
tree down on cats nest today, just after the grouping of jumps (when going down at the jumps) too big for my little hand saw,

20201009_130439.jpg

serviceguy

I was on the trails hiking with the better half, trail were actually really nice, with most of the damp on fire roads. I stayed on the south side of the park (Warm Puppy, Cat Nest). Yeah, lots of leaves.

06BlueBeauty

I was on the trails hiking with the better half, trail were actually really nice, with most of the damp on fire roads. I stayed on the south side of the park (Warm Puppy, Cat Nest). Yeah, lots of leaves.
Thanks... I ended up going and riding the same trails. Trails were in good shape, minus a LOT of leaves.

onetracker

Cool. I noticed the same conditions whike hiking in Mahwah this afternoon. I was surprised how quickly things dried out after the deluge.

I hope to hit RSP tomorrow before the rain. Fingers crossed!!

Sergey

It takes a major storm to seriously harm riding in RSP, and even than it will be mostly due to fallen trees, not mud. Few days of rain usually result in a few muddy spots on singletrack and puddles on some roads, like Millie White from Potake to Lower Ruins.

onetracker

It takes a major storm to seriously harm riding in RSP, and even than it will be mostly due to fallen trees, not mud. Few days of rain usually result in a few muddy spots on singletrack and puddles on some roads, like Millie White from Potake to Lower Ruins.
Yes and no. Depends on how severe a specific storm is and if it was preceded by earlier storms. I agree that Ramapo State Forest and RSP drain really well (in that order) and would be my first choices to ride after allowing those trails to dry out.

Epic conditions earlier today!!

serviceguy

I finally managed to get a few miles on the SS (or bike in general, the living room floor took al my time but it is DONE now, we’ll for a little bit at least) and rode some fire roads and a little bit of Race Trail and Ramapo-Ringwood Trail in the park. Even had a nowadays rare sighting of the elusive @Paul H at Shepherd’s Pond.

While climbing on Ice Pond Rd I was passed by three dirt bikes. They were ‘resting’ at the top of the climb so I asked them if they were aware that there’s no riding motor propelled vehicle in the park, to which the dick-head in charge replied they had tags. I asked him if that they had permits and he said they were legal. Now, that kind of ended the conversation and I told them to enjoy their ride (I really meant F U but didn’t see the point antagonizing them). Their tag were perfectly horizontal and impossible to read other than from the sky, and once the mud was wiped off of them. I guess it’s normal.

My question is if there such a thing as legally riding a dirt bike in RSP and if that is not the case what would be the best course of action to discourage such behavior (@Patrick will reply ‘the DEP App’ but I don’t see it how that would be effective).

@pixychick are you aware of dirt bikes being issued permits to ride in the park? I only saw them riding on the fire road but by the time I caught up with them they were already off the road and on a trail head, e be en though they were not technically riding at the moment.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions