riding in the snow

rocknrollgirl

Or perhaps I should say, on snow covered trails. Does anyone do this? Am I nuts for even thinking about it???

Shaggz

A strong 7
anything mroe than 6 inches, and i stay on the rail trails or wider-flat trails. i have a studded tire which i throw on the front rim. it's fun! will probably just x-country ski now.

hooples3

Riding in the snow is awesome, especially if the snow has been packed in already. I ride a lot in the snow, I tend to take my singlespeed just for ease of cleaning afterwards. you will be amazed at how much traction you could get on snow. I dont even use studded tires, I use a nice 2.4 rear tire and it seems to work fine.
so when do you want to go???

Shaggz

A strong 7
i was out yesterday, and it was an amazing workout. might as well have been on a single speed, since i spent most of the time in the the granny 1st & 2nd gears, i. i have yet to mount my studded tire, but i think it will make a big difference since the trails were crunchy snow with a layer of ice underneath. will probably head out aqain today.

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I haven't been out in the snow at all yet. :( I don't think I will have the time to ride till I finsih the renovation. Oh well, is Spring here yet?

hooples3

smarencik said:
i was out yesterday, and it was an amazing workout. might as well have been on a single speed, since i spent most of the time in the the granny 1st & 2nd gears, i. i have yet to mount my studded tire, but i think it will make a big difference since the trails were crunchy snow with a layer of ice underneath. will probably head out aqain today.
where have yopu been riding??? id love to get out on some trails soon

Shaggz

A strong 7
hooples3 said:
where have yopu been riding??? id love to get out on some trails soon

kittatiny valley state park in sussex coutnty - small park but fun. not very hilly, so it is great for snow/ice riding. i may try mahlon dickerson today. i have not heard any reports for allamuchy, but i would assume that the snow conditions mat be deeper/less packed.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i've been thinking about running up to the tourne and riding the white trail around the lake...not sure if i want to go down 911 but may give the red trail a shot.

NJ Jess

Allaire and Clayton

Yo, I'm in Central/South Jersey. I just rode Allaire for 2 1/2 hours on Sunday with some Ringwood friends. It was great. We started at 930 so the trails were nice and frozen. The only stops were to pee. My HR monitor was at 160 and above most of the time. Allaire is fast singletrack with lots of tight switchbacks. Hope to see you there. Jess

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
smarencik said:
when are you riding the tourne?

not sure yet...probably one afternoon this week. i'm getting sorta done with the hampster wheel at the gym.

Top Bottom